Obama overspends by 1.3 TRILLION DOLLARS................in one year.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by QP3, Oct 15, 2010.

1. You should condense all of your posts into 1 giant QP3 hate thread.

2. You should condense your complaints into one giant " i hate america" thread.

3. Deficit spending is pretty standard for a president. I wouldn't worry about it too much man.

4. I'm glad that you just recently began watching the news and feel compelled to post every story here, regardless of how commonplace the headlines are.

5. Why not worry about it? Should we just stick our head in the sand?

Is this how the citizenry should respond to deficit spending then?
    [​IMG]

6. It's worked so far. We still have amongst the highest living standards in the world.

7. Lol, true. My point still stands though, we shouldn't just ignore deficit spending and pretend everything will be okay. Even if it has "worked" so far.

8. Why not?

9. Because then we would be ignoring all the negatives associated with racking up our debt. I propose that it would be a better thing for people to acknowledge the negatives, and consider them when the time comes to implement our nations policy.

10. It's like money has no real value for these people in positions of authority

11. [​IMG]

12. Money doesnt have any inherent value, just pieces of paper with different numbers and dead men on them.

13. lol ok.

14. What negatives? We should all focus on the positive things. Doesn't that seem like a happier way of living?

15. Seems pretty delusional to be honest. To ignore all of the negitive things like they just dont exist and focus on the positive? Especially when it comes to our president, i dont think that would be a good quality.

16. I don't mean ignore all the negatives, just the ones you can't do anything about, and however many more you have to to enjoy life.

Back to the deficit, how is it so bad again?

17. Just to be clear, are you asking why spending money you dont have is a bad thing? This is what you want explained to you?

18. #19 mrgoodsmoke, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010

If that's what our national deficit really is. I dunno. I think it's one of those things that alot of people make alot of hype about when in reality it's sort of a standard thing. Also, if I wanna focus on the negative things, I certainly need to precisely identify what they are. So I need to understand how you concluded that deficit spending is for sure a negative thing, or at least how it's better than an alternative to it.

That makes it tricky because there's deficit spending all over the place. It's difficult to coordinate all that information into a single conclusion. Maybe point out individual instances of things that you consider to be bad examples of deficit spending and argue that they are fraudulent, wasteful, or a result of an abuse of power under whatever regulation or law or constitution or what have you.

I'd be more concerned w/ fraud waste and abuse as it pertains to deficit spending rather than just be against all deficit spending if it were me.

19. There are definitive negatives, lol. I'll start with a very basic, philosophic kind of argument. Debt is money you owe to other people. In a sense, owning debt is like owning negative money. The larger our debt becomes, the more we owe others. It is not a satisfactory position to be in to owe others things, and thus we should strive to limit our deficit spending when appropriate.

Focusing on the positive things would be nice, but I dare say focusing on them to the detriment of your focus on the negatives will only lead you to folly.