Obama Orders Pay Raise for Federal Workers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HighMountainSkier, Dec 29, 2012.

1. A parasite can also be efficient but not desirable. The fact is, there are to many federal employees now and the founding fathers never dreamed that the federal government would be so large and intruding in our lives as they are noe.

2. Goddamn... the founding fathers were assholes! They were not the pure relayers of universal morals that society paints them as. They wrote their tenets of freedom and liberty while in explicit violation of property rights that capitalists are so fond of, also they were slave owners... are we really that unevolved that we need to cling to the ideas of two-hundred year gone racist, bigoted, spoiled intellectuals from the eighteenth century?

3. By the way, there is no fiscal cliff.

4. I recognize what some of the founding fathers were.

We are in different times now.

Statements stand and fall on their own merits regardless of who it is who says them.

The words of the Bill of Rights are the very basis of individual liberties that still apply today. Everyone is protected by them. It has nothing to do with capitalism. I know you have a vendetta against it and that's fine, no one really cares, whatever economic theory you support, you're protected under the constitution.

5. I appreciate the concept of rights, and there is a bitter idealist in me who wants to believe that they actually protect people, but reality has told another story. That story says that, like other goods and services, rights can be bought and sold.

6. ""More spending! Yayyy!!!""

- liberal

7. Exactly, the founding fathers clung to ideas of taxation and slavery. Why hold on to them?

8. You know what they are all pieces of shit. But we vote for em'. We are the mass, the hivemind that is unable to distinguish levels on a scale. The populace will never vote for an honest average Joe with drive, logic, and heart because they are too scared. To weak. They cannot even comprehend the certain real aspects of humanity in which to relate to such a leader.

9. The US Constitution and the Bill of Rights is a living document. Yes, it was written by flawed men but their intention was good. Name one man (or woman) that isn't flawed?