obama opens ideas for change poll again! go vote for legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by zacharykro, Jan 26, 2010.

1. grass city is making change.org it's bitch right now

fight the good fight yall

2. i voted! sticky? :smoke:

3. woot, 355th vote...
    keep em coming guys.

4. ^^^ True story, lets keep it movin folks!

5. Voted and sent the letter. Peace

6. #47 TheHypnoToad, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    #2! I love this site, I love weed, and I love how both brings us all together to make a difference. :]

EDIT: Theres another topic about legalizing weed near the bottom of the page with 140 votes. We're awesome.
    EDIT2: Theres 2 other weed topics, both with about 100 votes.

7. #48 Noodles123, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    Yeah, I just noticed that and was about to post about it. Imagine if they all got to the top 10 lol

8. Voted.

9. it's 2nd now.

10. Yeah! I thought that if I pointed them out, everyone can vote on all 4, and one day we could take over all top 4 spots! haha

11. Voted. Keep at it guys!

12. there is seriously about 15 legalization topics on there.

vote on all of them.

13. Wait are you sure this is directly from Obama's staff? Because I think it was

http://www.change.gov and not .org?

Nonetheless, keep voting people, we need our leaders to listen!

14. mmbuuuhhhh VOTED!!

15. did he end up saying anything ??

16. This needs to be stickied, because this is quite a serious and thrilling thing to happen!

This is how this website works. PLEASE READ, as this is important!
    During the first round of voting, ideas will be organized into 20 different issue-based categories. First round voting ends at 5pm ET on February 18th, at which point the three top ranked ideas in each category will advance to the second (and final) round of voting, starting February 22, 2010. In this final round, all 60 qualifying ideas (top three in each of 20 categories) will be in open competition. The final round of voting concludes at 5pm ET on March 4th, and the 10 most popular ideas at the conclusion of voting will be named winners – the “Top 10 Ideas for Change in America.”

Awesome, huh? But this means we have to keep voting, and after Feb 18, we should sticky this link and ask every person on this website to vote vote vote. It's a legit website, so don't fear putting your name and email address on it.

If we win, this is what will happen:

To formally announce the winners, Change.org will host an event in Washington, DC, where each of these top 10 ideas will be presented to representatives of the media, the nonprofit community, and to relevant officials in the Obama Administration. After the announcement, Change.org will mobilize the full resources of our staff, our 1 million community members, and our extended network of bloggers to support a series of grassroots campaigns to turn each idea into reality.

Thats right, if we get our topic through the top 10, we'll have an organization backing us up, making sure change happens. We'll pretty much being forcing this topic upon the government, they'll have to listen to us. This is important.. VOTE!