Obama marijuana sources?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tea.mochi, Nov 6, 2008.

1. I was talking to some people about Obama's stance on medical marijuana and marijuana in general, because they think he's all for it but I remember people here saying otherwise.

Do you guys have any good quotes/sites/anything that I can reference?

2. I don't have any but he's for it, he really stands for not spending federal money on chasing medical patients.

3. I think we will see less raids by the DEA and but even if there was a bill about decriminalization it won't pass congress or the house.

4. Even with the Democrat surplus in the house and senate?

5. There are a lot of moderate Democrats out there.

Not a lot are as liberal as Barney Frank.

and it's majority not surplus just to inform you. :D

6. Aaaannnd none of that has any solid references to what he said in his campaign about what hes going to do about MMJ and marijuana laws in general.
    Thanks anyways guys.

7. There ARE no sources. These people claiming Obama will be any help are indicative of why this man was elected in the first place.

Idiocy.

Big Pharma is in his back pocket, don't expect anything good to come of this.

8. He hasn't explained what he will do about these things ONCE in his entire campaign?

9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQr9ezr8UeA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...juana_decriminalization_and_medical_marijuana

Seriously, that took me all of two minutes. :rolleyes:

10. I'm not looking for something in 2004 because he wasn't running for president in 2004.
    If I was looking for something in 2004 I wouldn't have asked for something from his /campaign/.
    And the youtube link gives me a error 500 or something...

thanks anyway tho

11. Screw Obama. Why didn't Rick Steves run for president? I clicked the link on that page with him talking, and that was just a beautiful clip of why marijuana should be legal. Plus he's got more knowledge of foregin countries and culture(though be it Europe mostly), than any current elected official.

12. I just read something recently saying he was for medical marijauna.
    Yea, he said that, but is anything actually going to change? Most likely not
    Changing medical marijuana laws is so far down on his list he would have
    to be president for the next 20 years(which is obviously impossible) before
    the law would even change. And to be honest thats how it should be. The
    president needs to be dealing with our economy and getting the hell out of
    Iraq. BUT, dont get me wrong though, I wish it would be legalized tommorow.