Obama jobs act to increase W.O.D. spending?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ElectricWarrior, Oct 27, 2011.

1. heya blades.

i saw somewhere, i believe here, someone claim that the jobs act has a stipulation that will increase the war on drugs budget by $5 billion dollars over an unspecified amount of time.

I have searched and searched and can't find any info on this, so i doubt it's validity but i still am very curious.

I am wondering if anyone has heard this, and if anyone had any relevant links if so??

2. I do alot of reading all day,I personally havent heard anything about this but it wouldnt surprise me.

3. #3 floating_by, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    American Jobs Act -- Final

Haven't read it yet, but am about to. Analysis I have seen is that it is basically a "gift" to fire, police, etc. unions to buy political support for the upcoming election.

Uggh... Sec. 213 is where is starts. Sure as shit, $5 Billion, $4 Billion of which will be under the direct control of A.G. Eric "Gun Runner" Holder to make state agencies "compete" for Federal grants just like they are infiltrating the public schools to make them "fight" for Federal dollars and accept whatever Federal brainwashing programs they wish to infiltrate the schools with based on accepted curriculum.

NOT good. Jesus Christ. I think we are seeing how the Nazis were able to come to power. Seriously.
    Oh man... this is INTERESTING reading. Holder would get $8 million for his office for "administrative costs" and the Homeland Security bitch Nepalitano would get a $2 million payoff.
    Yep, our freedoms are DEFINITELY for sale.

4. SEC. 213. PURPOSE.The purpose of this subtitle is to provide funds to States and localities to prevent layoffsof, and support the creation of additional jobs for, law enforcement officers and other firstresponders.SEC. 214. GRANT PROGRAM.The Attorney General shall carry out a competitive grant program pursuant to section1701 of title I of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 (42 U.S.C. 3796dd)for hiring, rehiring, or retention of career law enforcement officers under part Q of such title.Grants awarded under this section shall not be subject to subsections (g) or (i) of section 1701 or to section 1704 of such Act (42 U.S.C. 3796dd–3(c)).SEC. 215. APPROPRIATIONS.There are hereby appropriated to the Community Oriented Policing Stabilization Fundout of any money in the Treasury not otherwise obligated, $5,000,000,000, to remain availableuntil September 30, 2012, of which $4,000,000,000 shall be for the Attorney General to carry outthe competitive grant program under Section 214; and of which $1,000,000,000 shall betransferred by the Attorney General to a First Responder Stabilization Fund from which theSecretary of Homeland Security shall make competitive grants for hiring, rehiring, or retention pursuant to the Federal Fire Prevention and Control Act of 1974 (15 U.S.C. 2201 et seq.), tocarry out section 34 of such Act (15 U.S.C. 2229a). In making such grants, the Secretary maygrant waivers from the requirements in subsections (a)(1)(A), (a)(1)(B), (a)(1)(E), (c)(1), (c)(2),and (c)(4)(A) of section 34. Of the amounts appropriated herein, not to exceed $8,000,000 shall be for administrative costs of the Attorney General, and not to exceed $2,000,000 shall be for administrative costs of the Secretary of Homeland Security.

So all that money is added to what they normaly would get sent to make things happen? I dont really understand the paragragh's above and how it relates pacificly to adding to the allowances they are given to get stuff done although im sure that's the case.

Thanks

5. so someone please explain to my why violence should not be considered a valid option for "change". both political parties are complicit in turning this country into a police state.

6. [quote name='"maggo"']so someone please explain to my why violence should not be considered a valid option for "change". both political parties are complicit in turning this country into a police state.[/quote]

They are waiting for violence so they can have an excuse to turn this into a true police state... Everyone agrees that US politics have been sold out and every law they pass is to secure their re elections, not to better America as a whole. Non violent protest are important because it shows the protesters are citizens with principles and not just rebels looking for a free handout. In life it's always important to lead by example; never fight fire with fire. Violently protesting only gives police an excuse to "defend themselves."

For recent examples lets look at the UK riots vs Occupy Wall Street. The riots lasted 4-5 days violently and is over because the people fought back against their violent ways. Occupy Wall Street on the other hand has been going 2 months+ non violently and is now worldwide. Although I don't necessarily think either of these protests are properly organized, I can say OWS has made a bigger impact and sent a larger message by being on violent.

7. first off, the government is NOT waiting to turn the country into a police state, they are active in doing so in many ways. They have already used violence against protesters in many states. They have implemented tactics of crowd control learned in war zones. They are proposing funding and funding rules for the police state (the topic of this post). Since this is a marijuana form, might I mention the federal crack down on medical marijuana and the propaganda being issued to justify their actions. Using arrests, courts and prisons to make their point is violence is it not?
    It seems your saying that we should not fight in manner that we are fought against. I say if we don't, future generations will inherit a state more akin to China, with ruling and political classes who live a live of privilege secured by a police state.....for the most part this is already the case.