Obama is Not the Anti-Christ, Right?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BKKG, Oct 28, 2008.

1. So I was walking through campus today, expecting to print out my paper for my upcoming class without anything out of the ordinary happening. But as I walked into the library, I walked past a guy wearing a shirt with a picture of Obama (extremely red-tinted), which bore the slogan "Anti-Christ '08".

Now, I'm not thrilled with Obama as a candidate (nor am I excited about McCain, for the record), but I feel like using the term "Anti-Christ" to describe anyone is all but guaranteed to be a massive exaggeration; after all, even going by a purely Biblical framework, there can only be one Anti-Christ, so naming any particular individual is a very big declaration. I should mention that I go to a private, Catholic university (though I am not Catholic).

So my question is this: Has anyone presented any arguments to anyone here that Obama is as bad as that shirt claimed? Or can I just ease my mind because the shirt is simply an extreme marketing tie-in to the normal partisan division that crops up at election time? And if there are any people here who believe the statement on that shirt, could you please outline for me the reasons behind that belief?

2. ask maxrule. he's our resident expert

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well I think the theory is that the AntiChrist is supposed to rule for 48 months and then the world will end in 2012.

4. wouldn't you think an antichrist would be so powerful that it could just rule the world without having to run for President of the US?
    Anyway i thought Bush was the anti-christ.. :confused:

5. Firstly, thank you for your responses:D

The Bible doesn't really have anything to do with 2012, which is the date when the Mayan calendar ends, and Revelations (the book of the Bible that talks about the Anti-Christ) doesn't give a ton of specifics. At least, I don't remember any particular duration of its rule until the end of the world, although I could be wrong.

So is the 2012 mania, which is a hodgepodge when combined with the Anti-Christ, the basis for such a claim? Or are there others that might be purely Christian?

6. The Anti-Christ would have to rise up from all of mankind, the Beast would also have to worship him, and the world would have to be a giant-fantasy-novel for any of the above to remotely happen... Welcome to reality. Yes, I know it is boring...

7. Obama is a life-op of the Pakistani I.S.I. with a directive to gain the presidency of the United States, with his mildly good looks and friendly manner, to ultimate cause the final islamification of the west!

MUHAHAHAHA!

8. there have been a lot of people that people have said were the antichrist

from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/beliefs/endtimes_6.shtml
    Throughout history various villains have been accused of being the antichrist. Popes have been accused by Protestants in the past of being the antichrist; the emperor Frederick II was another candidate.

ive also heard people say that hitler, napoleon that come to mind... i think ive heard a few people accuse dubya of being the antichrist lol.

when jerry fallwell was alive he once accused a young jewish boy of being the antichrist lol... now that was a hoot.

i doubt barack is the antichrist.... right now thats who im leaning towards. i know there are 3rd party candidates that are running and i like there views.... but they have no funding or media covereg or campaigning. so i figure its going to be one or the other and if i vote 3rd party im just stealing a vote away from who i would have chose between the two main candidates if i had done so... i think Barack has a good chance at this. its a very close race. did you guys know john mccain is 72? he wears a lot of makeup on tv i bet. any thoughts?

9. #9 ipack, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2008
    [​IMG]

10. Even if you believe anything in Revelation is true, it is just about impossible for Barack Obama to be the anti-Christ.

I don't think the president of the United States would be a powerful enough role to be the anti-Christ... and the anti-Christ doesn't pretend to be a Christian. Read Revelation and decide for yourself.

11. the bible is about as credible as a superman comic

santa and the easter bunny are laughing at christians all over the world

12. I didn't expect this thread to get serious replies.

Humans have come a long way and have a pretty sound knowledge of the universe. Can we stop believing in fairytales already?

13. Well the Bible says a lot of things and it is not a technical manual, it's a spiritual guide. Being "technically" right in the Bible is not always the best kind of right.

First, there are many Antichrists. There is only one Holy Spirit but many evil ones. There are many lies but only one truth. This is a theme of life.

1Jo 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Secondly, many people mistakenly believe that the Antichrist has to be the Pope, or that he has to be a Jew or that he has to be European. Some even believe that he has to be the King of Babylon or the King of Assyria. I don't believe any of this has to be the case because there are types and foreshadows in the Bible.

Anyone can be accused of being THE AC, but the Bible says you'll know for sure only when...

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)

When we speak of THE AC, we are referring to the charismatic leader who succeeds in strongly influencing much of the world through economic and military means and who has a particular interest in PEACE IN ISRAEL. This guy will apparently have a God complex and call himself God.

2012 is a Biblicaly sound date. That is a fact!
    See Gen 1:14, Psalms 90:10, Mat 1:17, Mat 24:34 , Rev 9 :smoking:

Dudes, the AC is going to be incarnated with the actual spirit of Satan and I believe that this happens in Rev 9, on Dec 23 2012 just as the earth is over the "bottomless pit" or the Supermassive Black Hole at the center of our galaxy. I believe that this could be the middle of the tribulation.

How nicely will the 70th week of Daniel fit in to a two term Obama administration? And the middle of the two terms falling around that Dec 23 date. [​IMG]

Is Obama the AC, will he become the AC?

I have heard him mock scripture but I've not heard him deny Christ.

Still, he does have a strange, even jokingly habit of doing and saying things that appear to mimic the fulfilling of cryptic passages of scripture.

1. He is a great speaker
    2. He is hailed as a Messiah
    3. Jokingly claimed to be "born a in manger"
    4. Has a strange cult like following
    5. Received nomination under 1600 lb statue of white horse and a mock Pergamons Alter.
    6. His zip code in Chicago is 60606
    7. Wants his own secrete police force
    8. Adviser, close friends such as Valarie Jarret and other are strongly anti-Israel
    9. Will be leader of the worlds biggest economy and strongest military
    10. Then there is the thing with Islam :rolleyes:

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.” - Barack Obama July 2, 2008 @ Colorado Springs.

Or maybe he is just the precursor.

How Obama prepped world for the Antichrist
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=71144

Barack Obama Mocks And Makes Fun Of The Bible
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnmS_vULPxw

Revelations 2012
    http://www.revelations2012.com/

Supermassive black hole
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermassive_black_hole

[​IMG]

14. I love how Maxrule can't see the pagan undertones of what he's saying.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I usually try to be accepting of a difference in belief, but maxrule... do you honestly believe this shit?

16. this is all convincing evidence max.. :eek:

one question about #5: did he have the statue weighed ahead of time or did they weigh it afterwards?

17. There's nothing wrong with my undertones and my participles don't dangle. :D

18. I am not very religous, but one of my friends dad decided to explain to me one nigth what would happen if Obama is the anti christ and how the world would end. Anyways, he said that Obama would cut off our alliance with Israel, thus creating a massive holy war and that all the planets will align on December 21st 2012, leading to our impending doom. Now can someone argue against this? i just find it hard to believe, although I definitely could see many christians becoming angry if he cuts off our ties with israel, which could cause another holy war.

19. I'm in to obscure trivia. :smoking:

I dont claim that it means anything; it's just "peculiar", that's all.

[​IMG]