Obama Haters: Racist?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tuscano56, Sep 13, 2009.

1. So wait, Infowars is a bastion of truth, but their articles come from mainstream sources, which cannot be trusted according to you

I'm actually going to take a look at some quotes from an issue of Time Magazine from 1995
    That's the exact type of trash that gets posted here every day. It's all a big mad lib to people like Alex Jones. Erase Clinton, write in Obama. Erase Oklahoma City bombing and write in 9/11.

2. I never said mainstream sources can't be trusted. I said that they lie by omission in being very selective about the articles they display. Something so widely viewed can't include outright lies since the criticism is so broad. That's why when they start saying things those crazy conspiracy theorists have been saying for years, it's time to pay attention.

I don't know anything about the OKC bombing so I can't comment. What the guy is saying may or may not be true - there is a lot of disinformation out there in the conspiracy theory realm.

3. #23 UnbyJP, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009

:smoke:

I think you meant to say Bush and 9/11, or Obama and Swine Flu Vaccine. :D

4. The fact that the same exact argument is being made by 9/11 Truthers doesn't at least make you wonder? That maybe it's just a knee-jerk reaction to a horrible tragedy made by those with an agenda of their own?

You told me to go into Infowars' big brother section and wet my pants....one article compares the Girl Scouts to Hitler's League of German girls because they are raising awareness of disaster prevention. I have no respect and no patience for that kind of absurd reporting. It's another example something you'd never find in a more respectable news source because it's a) barely news at all, and b) a completely hysterical comparison to make.

5. I'm sure that there are some people who are racist (well, actually, we ALL know that there are tons of racists out there), but I think most intelligent people who criticize Obama do so simply because they disagree with his policies. Although, on the news they were filming a protest in Washington and one woman shouted out "We're not just right-wing nutjobs!" and some other stuff, and then the next woman they interviewed said "The muslims are taking over our country." :rolleyes: :laughing: There are definitely some prejudiced idiots out there, but its wrong to generalize the people who hate him.

6. my bad:eek:

7. I could defend that but I'd rather just point you in the direction of the more overtly draconian ones:

DHS: Expect your computer to be seized without suspicion

SUBWAY'S SPY CAMS TO SEE ALL

You're (Probably) a Federal Criminal

Why Are Internment Camps Being Built? - at least read the article and Google FEMA camps... the evidence is overwhelming.

8. That's called distorted media coverage and it fucking enrages me. Kind of like when I went to a tea party and I saw people of all races there. I made a point to watch the blurb on the local news about the same tea party and they only showed white people, without exception. :rolleyes:

9. True. I try to read everything that seems reputable, from al-jazeera to the washington post. (couldn't think of something that started with a Z :D)

10. Oh I know that, don't worry. I think it was NBC, which explains it. The point was that there are going to be ignorant, prejudiced people in any kind of debate, but they don't represent the majority. She was just a recent example of an idiot. :D

11. I've seen that a million times and every time I look at the bill itself, I can't seem to find anything objectionable

Now, if you don't trust the government to begin with and think that they're lying, there's nothing I can do to convince you otherwise. But really, emergency housing and training facilities for disaster workers?

12. Aha! Other appropriate needs as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security. Needs such as...death??? It's a trap! :p

13. Exactly

Whoops, we deemed it appropriate to hook your balls up to a car battery. I just don't see it happening.

14. My criticism of Obama would be no different if it were a white man. I've criticized other Presidents, dating as far back as the 4th President of the United States. The race card is an excuse, sure, there are legitimately racist people out there, but not everyone who has a problem with Obama is a racist. I'm tired of being called a racist just because I don't support everything a black man does. It's getting fucking RIDICULOUS, how I can't express my opinion without someone casting the shadow of doubt about my views on race. Get the fuck over it people, some of us have legitimate concerns about Obama and the direction he's taking this country.

The exception does not make the rule, and we should not judge ALL of Obama's critics based on a few ignorant ones.

15. They aren't outright lying, but they are being woefully euphemistic. If we want to see what "temporary housing, medical, and humanitarian assistance to individuals and families dislocated due to an emergency or major disaster" actually is, all we have to do is look at what happened to Katrina victims who were in many cases FORCED into and FORCIBLY detained at government housing locations which had Blackwater troops on patrol. It already sounds like a WWII ghetto and we haven't even factored in information from all the personal experience reports written about these hell-holes and then posted on the internet: they force you to eat the food they provide even if you bring your own, confiscate all weapons, and do a bunch of other shit that I can't remember. There are even Youtube videos (probably censored by now) which show clips of these places with razor-wire prison fences... that could be any abandoned building though so I wouldn't count that as evidence.

16. Uh, forced vaccination in the event of an outbreak just like they did in MA? Forced detainment because of multiple "terrorist" attacks?

17. #37 sky dog, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
    The vaccinations thing is a potential thing. No one has been forcibly vaccinated, and again, I doubt large-scale forced vaccinations are going to happen. And the second thing, I don't even know what you're referring to. You're just tossing around hypothetical situations.

A nuclear bomb goes off and martial law is declared...oh no! I just made that shit up but I had you going, I bet

There are certain situations and contingencies that we as a country need to be prepared for. If discussing the possibility of relocating people because their city has been attacked makes you frightened, well, too bad. The possibility exists and there needs to be a framework in place. A swine-flu outbreak requiring forced vaccinations is nobody's Plan A.

18. i dont like obama and im brown

19. ron paul 2012...restore civil liberties

20. He's not running, but can you blame him? He's 74.