Obama Foreign Policy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Runningw235, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Why is it that people who support Obama, but hated Bush administration foreign policy don't see a problem with what we do anymore?

Atleast the people I've talked to.

Humanitarian drones all day.

2. I see this phenomenon constantly.
    reddit.com/r/politics

We all should have an irc chat or something. That would be awesome

3. That's always how it works. Republicans don't have any problems with increased taxes and welfare programs as long as a Republican is in charge, and Democrats don't care about wars and loss of civil liberties as long as there's a Democrat in charge. As soon as a person takes office who they don't like, they all of the sudden care about all these issues again. It's pure insanity/stupidity/whatever.

4. Why is there always another why at the end of everyday?

Is the war drum beating waxing or waning?

Which party wants to exempt the military from all budget cuts?

Who does Benjamin Netanyahu fear more, Iran, or Obama?

So many questions...so little truth out there.

Obama is president of the 'Hell on Earth Control Corp'., so call him any name you want, and let's just hope he can change the course of our ultimate destruction by a degree or two, to the good side.

American foreign policy is business as usual. Presidents are there for the bashing. Pin the tail on Obama if it sticks, you have my permission as a person who has voted for him in the past.

War sucks, drug war sucks, still the same opinions from me. Sucked when Bush did it, and it still sucks. But those are old and entrenched schools of thought, not taken down overnight. Let's see where we are in two years, and 4 years. Slow rebounds may become more apparent with troop removals in Afghanistan, and if I'm not mistaken, we may just live through this thing.

Obama's first term was nowhere near the disaster that Bush's was. I doubt his second will be either.

As long as Dick Cheney hates him, he can't be all bad.:rolleyes:

5. This is the liberal logic that I was referring to, in case I did not make myself clear in the OP.

6. I guarantee that if Romney had won the presidency and was following the exact same policies as Obama there would not only be outrage by liberals at GC but in the MSM as well. Its funny how that works.

7. I just love people putting thoughts and words into other people's minds, due to to the apparent fact that they are unable to grasp the severity of their own prejudices and unwillingness to recognize the differences which are so obvious, it is laughable.

You are pots calling kettles black, and it is not logic that you are using, but tunnel vision.

Names are worthless tokens, throw them around all you want.

Obama is nowhere near the threat to planet Earth, as the armageddonist Romney would have been.

Remember the last 6 weeks of Bush's presidency, and the pounding that Gaza took then?

Not so much slaughter, in the last go round, despite Netanyahu's aggressive nature, but is any credit given in this forum to the obviously different result???

Let me know when we start the new yellow cake hunt, OK?

Conservative means you like how things have been in the past, which to me, means you are a potential idiot, since in my opinion, things have never been acceptable to me, for even one minute of my life. Not now, maybe not ever.

So conservatism to me sounds like a disease. It starts when your always afraid, thinking everyone is out to get you and your valuable stuff. Afraid of new thinking, you retreat into a delusion of some time in the past when this country wasn't run by secret societies of white supremacists, who now see their lock on power eroding, and must read the writing on the wall. Liberal at least means accepting the fact that things MUST change, or die off.

Well, the truth about this country is that it was established to be a slave colony, and it still is. We can change that, but no one in the system is going to help. All we can possibly hope for from any president at this time is no new declarations of war, which is the ultimate form of social conscription.

Stick that in your liberal logic pipe and smoke it mofo.:cool:

I could predict war with Iran will be avoided by Obama. No conservative would do that, avoid a war. We all know what happens to presidents who don't give the military everything they want. He will be torpedoed by the right wing as weak, for having the strength to say no to military intervention.

If he lets me down on that, then fuck him. He will then be almost as bad as Bush. But he will at least have tried to avoid the war for awhile, which as we can see from Iraq, is probably a good idea, yes?

If Obama goes 4 more with no new wars, then you guys should all kiss his ring, ass, or whatever you can find of him. He will be a hero.

Are you prepared for that?;)

8. Obama is a warmongering imperialist. Oh wait, he got a peace prize. I forgot about that. Those peace prize drones spreading that democracy and freedom.

9. I am not a conservative or a Republican at all. I would say Anarchy is a pretty radical concept myself lol. And Obama the only person who could prevent a war with Iran? LOL! Ever heard of a guy named Ron Paul?

10. As I see it:
    no war/no killing or extractions/trials are both preferable to drone strikes
    drone strikes preferable to invasions/full scale war with troops on the ground

The Bush administration pushed us into a war without just cause. How many Iraq people died; how many American soldiers died? What has the Obama foreign policy done that even comes close?

I'm not a democrat, but Obama's foreign policy, while not perfect, is better than Bush's. I'd prefer he quit with drone strikes but I'd rather he use drone strikes than sending troops and their equipment to start useless wars that never end and bankrupt the country in the process.

Just want to restate that I am against drone attacks. I am against war. I don't endorse Obama's foreign policy in any way, but to compare it to Bush's as if they are both equally bad, is just nuts IMO.

11. because people are brainwashed to pick a side, democrat or republic, which at the end of the day is the same shit.

and most of those people that hate bush and love obama, if you noticed, have no idea what the fuck the obama administration is doing. all they do is sit down, drink their tall glass of whole milk, and watch the main stream news media tell them what they want to hear about their president.

12. I already have an IRC server set up. We could use #politics or something ;)

irc.fuge.it

13. This reiterated everything I said.

You made no statement about anything he's done.

14. Yeah, we should promote that

15. Are you prepared for the opposite? You might wanna start kissing our ass now.

Obama administration weighs intervention in Mali - latimes.com

New boss, worse than the old boss. Continued the old boss' policies, and expanded them.

16. i guess you forgot about Syria

US: Sarin bombs ready for Assad

17. Oh I'm sure the number of countries being actively bombed by the US will be in the double digits before 2016

18. #20 CrunkJuice2, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
    using the war in iraq is a pretty bad example considering the amount of people who had the wrong idea as to why we went to war there in the first place