Obama 'Drones' at it again. "Demand a plan".

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mairuzu, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Absolutely! Just like my dad taught, I will teach my kids responsibility and gun safety from a very early age. I learned how to handle and shoot a gun when I was around 6 or 7 and was instilled with respect for how potentially lethal they are. I always knew where all the guns and ammo were and even an unlocked and loaded one for home defense and NEVER EVER did I once even think about touching them because for one it wasn't taboo or a big deal and I had the fear of a royal ass whoopin if I ever did. I will do the same and teach my kids about guns and how to shoot as soon as they are old enough to understand and hold one.

2. Fair enough. U will win easily enough if the crook is unarmed or simply because crooks are usually cowards who have run out of options.

But if the person u are defending urself from also has a gun, wouldn't at least one person shoot thus increasing chance of casualty?

I mean. A gun is both defensive and threatening.

Or is running away too cowardly? Even if I had a gun, running away would be my first option. Seems most effortless....

3. #43 Mairuzu, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    My father owns guns but I've never got to see him use it in action, thank god. He was in the army so that basically covers one of the reasons of his ownership. I knew he kept them around the house when I lived with him but I never bothered to be one of those damn kids looking for their parents gun and end up shooting themselves like an idiot or shooting their friend.

I've never been against gun ownership or been for any sort of gun ban. Even when I was a 10 year old walking in my grandmas kitchen when two black dudes come walking in pointing a gun at me and walking me over to my grandmas room while they ask her to open any safe she has. My mother was in the bathroom giving my brother a bath the whole time this was going on and when they left. My grandma told them not to go in there lol. She also told them not to go into my great grandparents room where they were watching TV. Surprisingly they listened, maybe because I was annoying the shit out of them saying dont fuckin kill meeeeeee, dudes. This incident didn't bring me to the conclusion of wanting a ban on guns but instead made me think everyone should keep one inside. But mainly and more importantly, lock your fucking doors all the time. Geezus.

Edit: Funny shit is, that my grandmas crazy ass kept denying she had a safe even though she really fuckin did. They also told me to unplug all the phones too hahahaha. They didnt even watch me do it, they just told me to and I walked off around the house unplugging them all. If I wasnt so shocked I could have just called the police. The police station is on the same street as that house, literally a football field away. You can walk out the front door and see the damn station from there, which is right nextdoor to a fire station also. You'd think, after these guys left, that our police call would get responded to right away.

Fuckers took 15 minutes. 15 fucking minutes. Fuck sake. Keep a gun in your home cause fuck that.

4. You're going to run away from your own house and leave your sleeping wife and children with an armed criminal? Genius.

5. Yes. True respect is humbling. Indeed

6. Lol. Circumstantial I guess. I can understand Protecting your property part. I never owned a house and my closest encounter was on the street so... That was my first image of confrontation.

But yeah. Do burglars have guns?
    Which brings me back to.

How hard is it to get a gun?

Don't you have to get a license or something? Like a car?

7. Lol. O man I shouldn't laugh. This story is terrifying. Glad u r ok tho. Lol

8. Depends where you live, and what type of firearm you're planning on getting. This varies all the way down to the city level, so you'll have to be more specific.

And since you want a scenario on the street, a while back, a guy on my block (local weed guy) was shot and robbed while taking out the trash. We don't all live in nice neighborhoods, you know. For some of us, protection is necessary EVERYWHERE.

9. Yup, shit goes down all over the LA county area.

10. Lol. I just moved to the darkest part of town. If u know what I mean. Lol
    But that's cool. I've spent the first part of my life outcasted around white guys. Then moved to an area of my people's. But never have made a black friend. Oddly enough I'm very comfortable making friends here. Maybe cuz I was born in Guyana lol. I get a tiny bit rapport when I break that one out lol

11. The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think that it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly coloured, and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question - is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us. They say 'Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride.' And we...kill those people. Ha ha ha. 'Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride. SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and family. This just has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings, and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourselves off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what you can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defence each year, and instead spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, for ever, in peace.

12. That's hicks for ya

13. :)

I was so high. And so moved. And enlightened when I first heard him mutter these words. It stuck. Hard. I believe we can all make that choice lol

14. Building up scenarios in your head like that is silly. You've given almost no context except that both of you have a guns and he is attacking you. No mention of innocent bystanders, where you are, etc.

In some situations, running simply isn't a feasible option. In some situations, you running away instead of using the weapon you have defensively could lead to other innocent people getting hurt. You're not obligated to help them defend themselves, but it's certainly praiseworthy to defend innocent people from harm.

15. I suppose.

And with regards to the gun bans. How is it related to Obama again? Haha I'm still lost on this.

16. The useful idiots in the OP's video are calling for Obama to create a plan to stop the shootings that are happening in public. The government will most likely react with more "gun control" laws.

17. Yeah. But that doesn't mean Obama put them up to it.

I think he's got bigger fish to fry.

Honestly. I think Obama is trying his best to take care of big problems. And this bs. Is just trying to wear him down.

Think about it. This is small potatoes in the overall economic problem he's got. A decision either way here will cost him. And that's what his enemies want

18. I said "Obama drones" aka, these actors love the fuck out of Obama.

19. #60 Deleted member 472633, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    [​IMG]