Obama doesn't think guns make people safe...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by HighPoint 420, Dec 30, 2012.

1. and being a traitor is the worst offense.. we have to take it back

2. Well yeah, and federal laws concerning drugs are completely unconstitutional too, that power is given to the States, but it doesn't stop the DEA from raiding dispensaries and people's homes.

3. Seriously america we gotta step it up politicians infrindge the constitution everyday its high TREASON no matter what

4. For now, its only a matter of time before it comes constitutional whether directly changing the constitution or just making something like the patriot act

[​IMG]

5. I went to school with an armed cop and there never was very much violence. i mean a few fist fights sure but never a shooting or stabbing.
    But i agree that civilians shouldnt have automatic assualt weapons. If you need protection a hand gun,shot gun,or semi auto rifle is all you really need you dont need an AK-47 or anything like that unless you plan on shooting it out with a gang or police

6. If guns were made illegal there would be a rise in knifings,blunt weapon use and..... crossbowing? Getting crossbowed?.....getting shot with a damn crossbow

7. #27 Omega369, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
    I'd rather be shot by a gun although crossbows are badass. More lethal though. I'd also rather get shot than stabbed or bludgeoned

Omega369 :wave:

8. I don't know where you can even legally obtain an automatic gun in the first place. Im not sure that you understand the gun laws that they are today anyway. Even an AK-47 is a semi automatic off the shelf...

9. we have the right to bear arms because it helps defend our freedom. a machine gun ban is only going to be used for one thing, enslaving the people.

10. Guns are only safe if I have one.

11. Haha, you and everyone else that knows how to use one responsibly

12. This thread is basically several guys that mostly agree that laws banning certain weapons are stupid. And people who say they think others "shouldn't" need certain weapons are saying nothing at all.

13. Guns don't make people safe, police with guns make people safe. (Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)

14. [quote name='"HighPoint 420"']

What is your thought on this bullshit gun control theory?[/quote]

Exactly that...bullshit, bollocks.

They just want our rights, and which one should they LOGICALLY take first??
    Guns, of course, so we can't fight back.

I'm calmly waiting for the day they come to take my straps, ill be waiting on them with a black 45, and a 308..smoking a blunt.
    And yeah, I will shoot govt. Officers, call me a devil, but I think our government has grown close with the devil, i put my trust in God, know that god gonna help me blow em up, because I GIVE a fuck!

15. +Don't think that gun control isn't high on 0bamas list.

President Obama pledged Sunday to make gun control a top priority in his second term and vowed to put his “full weight” behind such legislation.
    “I'd like to get it done in the first year,” the president said on NBC's “Meet the Press.” “This is not something that I will be putting off.”

His ideas on gun control has less to do about guns & more to do with control. That is control of you & I.
    Funny how a majority of those in power, including hollywood's elite, that are pushing for gun control
    use the conceal carry laws to their full extent or have armed body guards at their disposal.
    There's been no country that has enacted the strictest gun control laws or an outright ban of guns where gun crime hasn't gone up dramatically within the first couple of years.

Bring on the gun control, we can just start the revolution early than anticipated.

16. Charleston Heston said it the simplest & the best,
    'From my cold dead hands'

And if you think some American's are just going to stand by & watch the government take their abitlity to protect themselves your sadly mistakenly.
    There will be blood.

17. The idea that banning high capacity mags are going to save anyones life is ludicris.
    With just a little bit of practice mags can be changed out in a matter of a few seconds making almost as easy to kill a bunch of folks as with a high capacity mag.

The time it took the police to arrive at the Sandy Hook school a practced shooter could have used a pistol and by reloading could have killed almost as many people before shooting himself.

If 0bama, feinstein et. all passes the strict gun control they want only criminals, the police, the military, government employees & the elite will still have guns. It will be only you & I that will be deprived of gun ownership. Without that means of protecting ourselves criminals will feel freer to commit any crimes they want as there will be less of a chance coming face to face with a gun owner.

You want to know the truth about guns?
    Go to:
    The Truth About Guns | Exploring the ethics, morality, business, politics, culture, technology, practice, strategy, dangers and fun of guns
    and start reading

Cheers:D

18. #38 budluver, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
    That's for the SCOTUS to decide.

Handguns are terrible for self defense. Here is an interesting medical lecture on the effect of handgun vs. rifle rounds on human tissue.
    9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds - YouTube
    If you don't want to watch the whole thing i'll point out the most interesting statistic that 6 out of 7 people show with handguns survive. The kinetic energy from intermediate caliber rounds like .223/5.56 is much better for self defense. Although assault rifles still aren't ideal for home defense, but still better than a handgun.

I don't think its high on his list, no. I think he is going to hope on the gun control/AWB bandwagon, but i don't believe he is going to spend that much time on gun control. He is just going to ride the coat-tails of Feinstein/Pelosi/Bloomberg/etc/. He is not leading the "fight" against guns. The president says a lot of shit that isn't true. He really isn't the main threat to guns.

Again the president doesn't pass laws.

19. #39 1badbruce, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013

Out in the open an assult rifle would be prefered for defense, but in the close quarters of a home with narrow hallways & a lot of furniture I'd prefer something that I could pivot with better.
    I choose a pistol grip Mossberg over a pistol to keep under offical radar of government.

You might be right but I hear, 'never let a crisis go to waste' echoing in the background.
    Cheers:D

20. I'll stick with my ARs and lightning links.. Come fuck with me haha