Obama/Democrats extend patriot act

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, Feb 28, 2010.

1. #1 Dronetek, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2010
    1. Where is the outrage that was everywhere when Bush supported the patriot act? The media was constantly raking him over the coals for it. Are you all going to admit that was manufactured anger?

2. Are Democrats going to admit that patriot act is good and that they were lying when they said Bush was wrong?

The Associated Press: Obama signs one-year extension of Patriot Act

2. #2 H2O420, Feb 28, 2010
    Next up, the Super Patriotic Patriotism Patriot America Fuck-Yeah Act: the govenment is allowed to finger your assole and jiggle their balls in your mouth in the name of National Security.

Shine up those cornholes, boys!:wave:

3. Like they say:

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

"Hope and change" my ass.

4. I don't know what's more sad--the fact that I called this, and people accused me of lying, being dramatic, etc., or that these same people STILL support Obama. Meanwhile, evidence is right in front of their faces that not only is Obama CONTINUING Bush-era policy, he's fortifying it.

I hate to post a video from Rachel Maddow, but it'll have to do

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uuWVHT1WUY]YouTube - Rachel Maddow: Indefinite detention? Shame on you... President Obama[/ame]

5. Also, anyone notice that Dickie has been pretty quiet lately?

6. First I laughed, then I cried.

7. Yeah it amazes me that people, especially in these forums, still are singing high the praises of Obama. Amazes isn't the right word. Sickens.

8. #8 vince_1015, Feb 28, 2010

Thats funny shit. I don't want Obamas balls in my mouth but I'd be down to finger one of the Gore daughters

Attached Files:

9. He's probably run out of bloggers to plagiarize, I think we figured them all out.

10. The Patriot Act violates AT LEAST six amendments; first, fourth, fifth, sixth, eighth, and fourteenth. Look at Section 215.

I like the Constitution better. It is, after all, the supreme law of the land, right? What could be better?

11. Supreme law of the land? Or glorified toilet paper for the state to wipe their ass with?

You decide 2010.

12. FUCK this bs. we started Terrorism, we fucked with them to start all this BS.

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"

13. Actually the Soviets are responsible for Al Quaeda's formation in 1989. And Pakistan is directly responsible for training and arming the Taliban in 1996. The U.S.S. Cole was attacked in 2000. Our trade center was blown up twice, once in 1993 and again in 2001. We entered Afghanistan in late 2001. We didn't start this bullshit. Get your facts straight.

14. #14 ATL88, Feb 28, 2010
    wrong, we been in middleast since the 50s.

15. #15 Stoli, Feb 28, 2010
    Perhaps I am simply an idiot; the sad part is I still have faith in MY state, I'm just extremely disappointed with Obama.

Perhaps I'm still simply being tricked (likely, with Stephen Harper in office..) but I've always support Obama on the basis of his ideals do represent things I support, such as in that Rachel Maddow video with him speaking on the rule of law. He usually isn't so blatant in the act of hypocrisy as this.

edit: just to be clear, however, this is inconsistent with Obama's previously stated position on the issue and only 3 of the 16 sections will continue as law
    edit2:
    Organizing for America | BarackObama.com

16. There's your first, and probably most fatal mistake.

Sure he is, you just have to be able to recognize it.

17. Welcome my middle eastern friend! :hello:

Which nation do you hail from in that region?

18. What business did AQ have in Somalia?

19. He's an American, no?

20. #20 Arteezy, Feb 28, 2010
    Under Bush: Patriot Act = EVIL!!!!

Under Obama: Patriot Act = normal

I think this is what you're hinting at. Obvious double standards are obvious (coming from usual perpetrators: the corporate news media).

Didn't a lot of Democrats vote in favor of the Patriot Act? I would think their votes would be the best measurement of their approval/disapproval.