Obama = Bush 2.0

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bluntzilla420, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Good question I'm just saying these conversations never get anywhere. Chill out.

2. this is dumb everybodys phone can be wirelessly tapped.

3. They do with open-minded, intelligent people. I just think it's funny, you come in here with the most pointless post of all, complaining about how this whole discussion is pointless. Everyone else seemed to have something constructive for the conversation except you.

4. Please don't tell me you are under the impression this is something recent.

5. I could bitch about politics all day but it won't do anything. The government is gonna rape us no matter who is in charge. We should just worry about things we have control over. But you guys can continue I know u think I'm trolling I'm just advising people to worry about other things in life.

6. #26 Scribbles510, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
    Alright Dr. Phil, what should I worry about? Clearly I am too worried about politics, and must focus my efforts elsewhere.

I'm not saying the government is going to do any better with this person or that person as a president, but to use that as a reason to completely dismiss political discussion, is a bit of a ridiculous concept to me.

7. I mean if it is discussing what we can do to help the country instead of being negative it would be awesome, but it's hard in today's society where we focus on the bad. The country is too polarized for much to happen right now. I hope someone can figure it out but we keep bashing our presidents more and neither side wants to compromise for risk of one side gaining a political edge. Im fine with political discussions but people's opinions are set in stone and I don't see it changing.

8. Dr. Phil insult was a low blow btw. Lol

9. This fact was clearly evident when Obama signed the extension of the "patriot" act, which is where the nsa/fbi/etc is getting the authority to do all this. The truth about the act was realized even before it was signed by Bush in 2001. So, when Obama resigned it, some already knew the implications.

This was also evident due to his foreign policy, and operations overseas -- namely expanding the drone warfare, intervening in Syria and Libya, attempting to extend the presence in Iraq, and continual occupation of Afghanistan.

Hey, government is a self-serving organism looking to expand it's own power. Each day that goes by is a ticking time bomb for a revolt that is sure to come. They happen all over the place, and we are not immune from it here.

10. Waiting for revolt...military would step in. We honestly probably couldnt do much our miltary is too powerful. I'm not sure we have a choice.

11. #31 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬, Jun 9, 2013

i think he was just playing it off....theres no way he could be that dumb, and get through law school at the same time, regardless of the fact that his dad was president too

12. no, you can install spyware on someones phone and listen to their conversations via phone mic, pretty sure you can use a cellphone tower and with satellites the obama administration can do whatever the fuck they want.

13. I'm talking about the Government wire-tapping phones. Pre-Obama administration was doing the same shit under the guise of the Patriot Act

14. #34 Lenny., Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    I think his intelligence was undermined by his oratory abilities. They were much better when he was governor in the 90s. But it's a way different ball game once you become president. You're under a lot of pressure to do and say the right things, in order to not upset the wrong people. I figure that pressure manifested itself as poor speaking abilities. Obama is the same way absent a teleprompter, as evident by his "you can't have 100% security and 100% privacy" statement. It was painful to watch.

I don't believe Bush or Obama are stupid, they are just politicians. Self-serving, habitual liars living on the public dole.

15. Who said anything about "either side"?? They want us polarized, thinking there are only 2 options. Fuck that, it's not how I see things.

16. Well its working lol.

17. #37 Lenny., Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    I highly doubt this. If there's a true revolution, if anything, the military would be split. There would be people in the military on the side of the people, and those still faithful to the president, whoever that may be. I think more service men and women would be on the side of the people. If I'm not mistaken, Ron Paul got the most military support out of any presidential candidate last election, and his ideologies favor the people more than self-serving special interests.

Also, let's not undermine the average Joe with a gun and a cause. Such people were able to defeat the American military in Vietnam.

Edit: Also, minutemen were able to defeat the vastly more-powerful British Empire.

18. #38 Scribbles510, Jun 9, 2013
    Because of close-minded niggas like you promoting the idea that that's how shit has to be. The media and politicians are going to promote a 2-party system regardless, but once you go along with it too, that's much worse.

And I agree with Lenny, if there were ever some big-time revolution, do you really think the military is going to take out its own people, no questions asked?

Too powerful? They can't subdue Iraq or Afghanistan. Iraq has what, about 25 million people? The US has over 300 million.

Tyrannies only exist with the consent of the tyrannized. When it becomes unbearable, people revolt. The citizens always outnumber government employees by a large magnitude and can overrun it if so motivated.  When the perceived cost of revolt is less than the cost of living under tyranny -- watch out.

But people in the US have it too cushy for anything like that to happen here -- at this point in history, anyway.

20. Not promoting it that's just how it is I know there are better options but because of the media and the majority voting for 2 sides then we can't do anything. People won't listen we have done the same shit since merica was started.