Obama attempts to win votes using boy's death and skin color

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

2. Both of your opinions are invalid.

Neither of you are pirates.

3. Come on Barack, not all black people look alike.

4. [quote name='"TheDankery"']Come on Barack, not all black people look alike.[/quote]

Racist!

5. I like your sig, but for some reason i don't think i ever be able to think Ron Swanson without simultaneously thinking Aaronman.

6. What did he have to gain by saying it? He already has the black vote.

All this did was give his enemies racial ammunition.

7. He's not gaining votes

Hes taking advantage of something in order to stroke the egos of the people who follow him. They feed of of emotion, not logic.

"Look at how compassionate and down to earth we are, we are decent human beings." is the feeling they are going for.

I feel, The only people in this world who have a need to project that image, are the ones who aren't decent human beings.

8. If he wanted to play on emotions (like every leader in history has done since the dawn of time) all he had to do was say he could relate as a father blah-blah-blah. The "looks like my son" line was just divisive and counter-productive. He gained nothing at all by saying it.

9. If he ever does have a son, I hope he names him Barack Wussein Obama.

The W could come in handy in future elections.

As for political capital, gained from tragedy, that is, and always has been, the American way my friends.

The poser in chief has a right to be a spirit father to anyone he chooses.

Too bad he doesn't look more like the kids in Afghanistan, or Pakistan, they could use a little bit of sympathy from the masters.

Predator drones are some nasty neighborhood watchmen. They never go to jail either.

10. Lol

You don't think him mentioning his son would look the same as this kid, was him relating as a father?

Wtf else could it be>?

11. He could've avoided the racial aspect and pointing out the kid had the same skin color.

That didn't help him.

12. [​IMG]

What about these children he ordered murdered in one of his drone attacks? Apparently they don't matter because his children wouldn't "look like that."

13. Yeah, except which side used it towards their advantage? Thats the question my pinko commie friend.

Like I've said before, Bin Laden was not a dumb person. He was highly intelligent. He knew exactly what would happen when they flew planes into buildings in NYC, the Pentagon, and Pennsylvania, which was supposedly on its way to the white house. How in the hell can you expect me to believe that Osama Bin Laden didn't know what was going to happen. You fly a motherfucking plane into the HQ for all military operations.. the Pentagon, fly two planes into buildings in nyc, and try to kill the president.. you really think hes that fucking stupid that he didn't know what was coming afterwards?? I doubt it.

14. Of course he knew what the US reaction would be... That was why the attack was carried out. And to give Americans a taste of what the Middle East experiences.

My point was though that the US government used 9/11 as part of the reason to go to war with Iraq.

15. No thats a common misconception. Bush primarily used the guise of WMD to invade Iraq, not 9/11.. come on now mannnnnnnn.

16. Oh they used 9/11 as a reason alright...

17. Wow you really do need a class in reading comprehension man.

My argument still stands.

Of course they throw in the fact that terrorist organizations could procure WMD via Saddam. That doesn't mean that Bush invaded under that guise though. He invaded because of the "WMD" whether it was there or not, thats for history to decide.. but he didn't use 9/11 as the primary reason.

18. He planted the seed in fearful paranoid American minds that Saddam was linked to 9/11...

70% of Americans believed that the Iraqi leader was personally involved in the attacks.

USATODAY.com - Poll: 70% believe Saddam, 9-11 link

Now i realize that you are too young to remember back to 2003 but the links were planted in peoples minds dude.

19. Well, I was born in 1993 so I was 10 at the time but I've read about it and researched it.

That statistic of yours

Is not accurate. I know that a large percentage of Americans had that misconception, but that number is too big. That is just being uninformed, not necessarily unintelligent but uneducated, and in some cases I'm sure unintelligent. Shit, I was 10 years old at the time but I knew that Saddam didn't have shit to do with 9/11.

20. Here is the newspaper that carried out the poll...

washingtonpost.com: Hussein Link to 9/11 Lingers in Many Minds

September 11 attacks opinion polls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whether it was 9/11 or WMD's does not really matter anyway. They were both fairytales when it came to Saddam and the reasons for invading Iraq.
    A futile and useless war that has done nothing but destroyed Iraq and further tarnished the image the world has of the US.
    The fact that so many Americans believed these fairy tales is shocking and would be funny if so many had not died at the hands of US forces.