Obama affirms stance against Drug Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ScriabinAnime, May 8, 2013.

1. Lol marijuana a cause in the violence in Mexico..smfh what a joke..that may have something to do with the fact the mafia seemingly can just assassinate public officials with ease...killing their family members, and all around corruption.

2. They're idiots(politicians) they do realize that part of the criminal activity that is created by this prohibition is just that, the fact it's illegal!! Obama , come on bro, you know the herb aint no killer.smh

3. Saw that coming ....

4. Also it seems like the meed-ya constantly has mention that americans “want illegal drugs" which is why cartels keep fighting to get drugs here.

-Can someone who knows tell us wat the cartels bread and butter are? i would think H or that White..not marijuana.

-Couldnt we just better protect the fucking borders.

Then there is the obvious choice of if drugs were decriminalized ppl wouldnt be killing over smuggling in shit,and fighting for control of the trade...but that will never happen. Obama is a big fucking hypocrite,and these elected officials are sheep.

5. It's obvious that they don't want to legalize cannabis. Out of fear, I think, that it will help people see how they are being fucked over in this system.

6. Why has noone stopped the dangerous butter cartels? According to that chart, they account for 15% of the illegal trade of goods into the US from Mexico.

A friend of mine got gunned down by a cartel enforcer for giving his neighbor a cup of sugar, because I guess the Mexicans run the sugar game around here. Why isn't that in the news?*

*Because it didn't happen, and there's not any pressure for cartels to stop selling non-drug imports to us.

7. I love where he says "education and prevention and treatment.” is the answer.

Yeah. Can someone please EDUCATE our gov about cannabis? Then after its legalized that will PREVENT a lot of this cartel violence. That will be a great TREATMENT for the idiocracy that is marijuanna prohibition.

8. Who didn't see that coming? :rolleyes:

9. What a fucking pussy. Fuck Obama. Kept his mouth shut for months then makes an announcement when he's not even in the fucking country?

10. That's what pisses me off...trying to get points in Mexico smfh...fuck him...

Is he ignoring that there are people who live on the border who go down to mexico to get prescription pills because they are easier to get than in America? And can possibly pay off the corrupt cops down there.

First they say acknowledge that Regan's War on Drugs has failed miserably but it seems like they are trying to start another one...Mexico and it's corruption need to take the blame...I don't give a fuck about American demand.

He fucking keeps his mouth shut, and then drops some shit under the guise of wanting to stop violence cause by the cartels smfh....

11. Doubt he'll get many points for this. The good people south of the border know that it is US drug policy killing their sons. Even their politicians know that, it's just that their payoff is big enough they don't care.

12. I think if enough states legalize medical marijuana then we will have enough support to drum up a constitutional amendment. And why not? we did it for prohibition.

13. we need a president who doesn't want war. Obama keeps the war on drugs going, the war on terror, the war on everything... but that will never happen because this country is so war happy, its disgusting

14. I am both shocked and surprised at this utterly alarming and completely unforeseen announcement.

15. Once Washington and Colorado are making bank, he'll change his mind. watch and see.