Obama Administration ‘Firmly Opposes’ Marijuana Legalization — Here’s Why

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by I_Aenima_I, May 11, 2010.

1. What does that mean? I won't jump to conclusions but I can read into it several ways...

2. I'm sorry but your logic has been failing this whole time... Just because big company's sell alcohol does mean they completely control it, depending on your state you can make your own alcohol if you don't want to buy from a company, same thing with tobacco. If cannabis is legalized then we would be looking at the same type of system as with alcohol or tobacco and you wouldn't really need to follow your states law, you could set up a hydroponics system in your basement and no one would really care. Also like everyone else was saying its just really messed up how this one plant can completely ruin your life all because some large corporations like to get rich at the peoples expense.

3. so your telling me that big corporations that are specifically built to manufacture alcohol do not control the alcohol market? and your telling me that large tobacco corps like marlboro do not control their tobacco industry? thye have said it themselves that they raise and lower nicotine levels to increase revenue or produce more demand do you not think that they would do this with THC? why would you want some persons whiskey down the street if you can goto the store and buy the finest whiskey available? same with weed vvv
    i dont understand why we would not follow state law if it was legalized, and if it were to be legalized... i just seem to keep repeating myself but if it were you would not be able to grow and your marijuana would not compare to the elite strains that large corporations have spent millions on developing
    this is exactly what i am trying to say
    if marijuana was legalized big corps would instantly jump on it and make billions why cant that billions of dollars stay in the pocket of the people keep the market the same...

i seem to be getitng flamed but that was to be expected just because i am against recreational legalization, i am taking on 4 peoples different point of views and shooting them all down...

4. General: in response to your comment about alcohol. I can legally brew my own beer, or make my own wine. What the fuck are u talking about?

As long as I dont try to market it, its completely legal for me to make my own alcohol. AND YES, A LOT of people DO brew their own beer and wine.

5. #85 GeNeRaLIVXX, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    exactly... you cant "LEGALLY" sell it.. thnx

6. Says the money grubbing pot dealer.

U are not shooting ANYONE odwn here. U just sound like a weed dealer who wants to keep making money ILLEGALLY (tax free).

I have to pay taxes when I make money selling tools (thats my REAL job). Why the hell shouldnt YOU have to pay taxes?

7. Your not shooting anyone down lol, your repeating the same flawed logic over and over again because it sounds like you will be losing money if it gets legalized.

Where did you get this idea that you wouldn't be able to grow your own cannabis? The corporations may control a big portion of the alcohol sales but that doesn't mean you can't make your own, which will probably taste better then mass produced alcohol. It doesn't matter if large corporations genetically engineer super strains, whats to stop you from making hash or edibles with your plants?

Guess who works for big corporations? Its people, like it or not lots of people work for big companys and yes the companys will be making billions, what else is new...

8. Dunno if someone had said the same thing, didn't read any comments.

But this is stupid as shit. How many times have you passed some random kid a joint and he said "no it's illegal I'm not hitting that." What I have heard was things like:

"Marijuana is dangerous" (/bitchslap)
    "I get drug tested"

Or something like that. Never at any party when I passed some kid a joint did they say no, because it's illegal.

9. #89 GeNeRaLIVXX, May 12, 2010
    i have never sold one gram of weed to anyone.. you are going against me, lets stay on topic here.. instead of trying to find flaws in my logic convince me otherwise..
    JACK HERER THE MAN WHO WAS BEHIND MEDICAL LEGALIZATION IS AGAINST TAX AND REGULATION OF MARIJUANA
    im laying down the facts...
    you get taxed on selling tools because the government made it that way, imagine if you didnt get taxed on tools you would be making a lot more money, and the government wouldnt get any of it...
    if i were to own a dispensary right now and was selling right now, there is no law to pay taxes on that money earned right now, so what makes selling it illegal?

yes i am shooting down peoples reasoning for recreational use if you have read the whole thread you would know this.. IVE NEVER SOLD ANY MARIJAUNA TO ANYONE I AM NOT A DEALER, IF I WAS i would be losing money, but so would you and every other person, bacuse it will go straight into one bank account, the large corporations... not the peoples pockets

guess who wouldnt have to work for large corporations if we didnt legalize it LOTS OF PEOPLE.. WE could work for ourselves and NOT get under paid for hard work but earn what we should be earning.. and instead of the CEO raking in all the profits the american people would be

10. General, I dont know what to say to u. I have read through this thread and everything I would say, has already been said (multiple times)

In a perfect world taxes wouldnt exist, big corporations wouldnt exist, and weed would be legal. But this is the real world.

EVERY SINGLE person I know with a green card (about 15 people) has it for a BULLSHIT reason. This is in WA state. Not Cali. Its so easy to get a weed card its a joke.

Why do I need to go lie to a doctor to smoke pot? I am 27 years old. I am responsible enough to smoke a joint without a doctor prescribing it.

11. ^ wisdom.:wave:

12. I've told you all the pros but for some reason you think the fact that companys will be making money out weights all the benefits of legalization. We need taxes for things like bridges, roads and public schools, yeah people will make more money without them but they deal with them because they help everyone as a whole.

I have read the whole thread and i've seen nothing but you trying to tell people that if marijuana is legalized it will be heavily taxed and regulated to the point where smoking it wont even be worth it. How would you be losing money if you were dealing right now?

Yes because everyone can just work for themselves and make tons of money, people only work for companys because they don't want lots of money and an easier life...

13. and i have repeated myself multiple times, REALIZE THIS, WEED IS LEGAL!!! THE FACT THAT YOU CAN GET IT FOR ANY REASON SPEAKS FOR ITSELF, WHY RECREATIONALLY LEGALIZE IT IF YOU CAN GET IT FOR ANY REASON AT ANY TIME ALREADY UN-TAXED AND UN-REGULATED

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE INSIST ON HAVING THE GOVERNMENT CONTROL THIS DRUG?
    THEY SAID THEY DONT WANT TO AND THATS GOOD FOR GODDAMN SURE

im not trying to create a fantasy world, where taxes dont exist or where big corps dont exist, i am trying to prove that recreational legalization would be detrimental to cannabis community and that taxation and regulation from the state or federal gov is not necessary we are controlling the market just fine... i am trying to show that you dont need recreational legalization to grow, smoke, harvest, or posess i am trying to open peoples eyes to show them that YOU CAN GET IT FOR ANY REASON, AND THERE IS NO NEED TO LIE any human sickness can be relieved by MJ no one is perfectly healthy.. IT IS SO EASY TO GET A CARD SO WHAT IS THE POINT TO LEGALIZATION?? JUST TO HAND OVER THE POWER AND MONEY OF THIS DRUG TO MAJOR CORPS AND GOVERNMENT? GIVING THEM ALL OF OUR MONEY FOR THEM TO SPEND IT ON THEIR month long vacations in costa rica LETS KEEP THE MONEY IN OUR POCKETS not to the grubby little hands of the major ceos and government

ITS OUR MONEY LET US KEEP IT, UNTAXED AND KEEP IT FROM THE ALREADY RICH CORRUPTED CEO's OF MAJOR CORPS

CATCH MY DRIFT THINK ABOUT ALL OF MY POINTS IVE MADE REALIZE THAT RECREATIONAL LEGALIZATION IS NOT THE WAY TO GO

the medical law was written for the people, use it to our advantage dont fucking throw it to waste by legalizing marijuana recreationally IF one person can get a card then 2 people can gorw posses and smoke legally thanks to the medical law that states you can APPOINT a "CAREGIVER" if oyu have a friend that is getting a card tell him to appoint you "CAREGIVER" you can now grow and smoke and posess thanks to your friend come on AMERICA USE YOUR NOGGINS

JACK HERER WAS AGAINST TAX AND REGULATION OF MARIJUANA FOR A REASON
    KEEP IT MEDICAL

14. ok first, people only work for companies because they dont want lots of money? AND AN EASIER LIFE?? are you fucking kidding me? your the reason the government controls us so much...

you havent listed any pros to legalizing marijuana you are just trying to find flaws in my logic, and you still are doing just that...
    you have no logical reasons or "points" and are wasting your time trying to prove nothing to me...

they are already taxing the shit out of us, WTF are they spending all that money on already but EARKMARKED BULLSHIT THEY DONT NEED MORE MONEY THEY WANT MORE MONEY KNOW THE DIFFERENCE
    if people worked for themselves they wouldnt need other people to care for them now would they?

15. Well I disagree with you AND Jack Here then.

I have gone to jail for weed possession more than once. I have had to take UA's for weed for 5+ years. I think its ridiculous that this plant is looked at as a harmful drug.

Also, it would be one thing if these medical weed places where ACTUALLY medical dispensaries. They are glorified fuckin weed spots. In cali they are run by gangs (and I am sure in other places too). There are constant robberies and crime envolved in these places. IF it was regulated this would not happen.

Just 1 month ago in WA state (10 min from my house) a weed dispensary was robbed and shots where fired. The owner was hit by a shotgun blast (survived luckily) and I believe they killed his dog. Thats just in the last month. U see in Cali they have shit liek this happen on a weekly basis.

This is not being done correctly. They are half-assing it. IMO

Weed just needs to be straight up legalized. Let corporations come in. Let em tax it. I will grow my own. :smoking:

16. First off to the poster two above me your clearly a bright one... Weed is not legal whether you like it or not hence why people still get charged with possesion. But ya know I guess your just above the law ;)

17. #97 David5534, May 12, 2010
    You do know that its not legal for medical use in all 50 states right? And even in some legal states its hard to get proscribed... People insist on having freedoms because we like being free, your obviously trying to convince people to keep it illegal because of some ulterior motive.
    No you actually can't get cannabis for anything and it doesn't help every "human sickness" either but nice try... I think you need to open your own eyes so you can see the world we live in, everything is made by companys and there going to continue to get rich whether or not cannabis is legal.
    Yes lets keep it illegal because you can grow your own, who cares about the millions of other people who could benefit from smoking cannabis or from not being in jail. If you cant see that legalization is the better way to go your an idiot or a troll, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say your not an idiot...

Edit: your last post convinced me you sir are a troll, please leave and use your backwards logic elsewhere.
    [​IMG]

18. your right i am above the law, because weed is legal for anyone with a medical condiditon, oh and guess what thats just about anyone and eveyone, i will not get charged with possession due to the fact that i have a medical reason to posses marijuana, i cant believe you people..

i felt like i disproved any and all reasoning to legalize marijuana fully, but you all are oblivious enough to not see what this would do...

19. #99 cdr0, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010

Suck my dick nig-nog
    peace

Please read the rules before posting again, name-calling isn't allowed here. ~AK~

20. im just going to ignore you... your annoying me and you still have not pointed out any logical reasons to recreationally legalize marijuana