Obama Administration ‘Firmly Opposes’ Marijuana Legalization — Here’s Why

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by I_Aenima_I, May 11, 2010.

1. LOL @ "hope and change." Hate to say it, I really do....but I told you so! I couldn't believe how some people actually thought Obama would be anything but completely against the people's will.

2. Like P.T. Barnum said, there's a sucker born every minute. I knew what he was all about back when he first won his Senate seat. He's been dirty since he was in local Chicago politics and I had no reason to believe he wouldn't be dirty once he got to D.C.

3. #23 morefreedom, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    Guys the government knows full well that weed is basically harmless compared to the current legal drugs but there is to much money involved for them to legalize it with ought a fight. I just wish that the American public wasn't so ignorant and easily susceptible to propaganda! :mad:

Another scary thing to think about is that these big cat politicians may be educated and know just as much as we do, or even more about the benefits of cannabis legalization, but choose instead to convey a message of prohibition for the massive corporate lobbys and special interests present in Washington.

All the while, the remaining 50-60% in this country that aren't pro legalization are still being fed the lies all for the benefit of a select few

4. Honestly its true, and its just going to get worse, like a few months ago, remember when the supreme court denounced the law that limited corporation and private organizations spending towards political candidates? Yea, now they can put as much money as they want into anyone, your mayor, senator, or even the president.

5. I think they will come around in the second term (if)
    because then he wont have anything to lose.
    now if he does it he wont get reelected
    thats what I think

6. That is so naive to think that. He's just another politician and he's as much in the pocket of Corporate America as every other President we've had in the past few decades. He doesn't give a shit if it's legal; it's not like he'll get arrested for smoking it.

7. :confused: If he helped to legalized marijuana then the alcohol, pharmaceutical, and tobacco industries would denouce him as a failed president, but the vast majority of Americans would see the move as a great step towards his promised "Change". I'm a Libertarian myself, but if he actually did a gutsy move like that then you'll see me out on the street with my "CHANGE" shirt on. lol

8. your also forgetting:

big tobacco
    the industrial prison complex
    police and drug war budgets

9. Fuck you Obama and all the corrupt bullshit government that sadly runs this country, Whenever I read stuff like this it just makes me mad:mad: What is it gonna take for this nation of ignorance and stupidity to wake the fuck up and realize the truth about this gift from god of a plant?

10. Ugh this pisses me off bigtime.
    So noe I guess we have one thing left to do, If they wont listen to the people, lets defeat them in the drug war.
    Overgrow the government! Our nation's #1 cash crop is here to stay!

11. I say these government anti-drug officials and DEA scum should be tied up and have someone put out a blunt roach on their eyes:devious: lol sounds like an awesome idea to me ahahah or everyone should start spreading as many seeds around as possible and overgrow the Government..

12. i know alot of people are going to disagree with me but im just sharing my opinon, weed would not be the same if the whole US of A legalized it, Bud would be taxed outrageously, my child memories of buyin bud illegally would seem lame, the US could regulate the thc in the bud your buying, im too stoned to think of any more reasons but maybe some people get what im saying and agree. If you can get bud now there is no point of bitching to make it legal, just smoke your shit sit back relax and wait patiently for your bud to be legal, but i feel overtime bud would never compare to the times of it being illegal then when it becomes legal. (if that makes sense)

13. They could tax it all they want. Let em regulate. We will grow our own. Thats why it isnt legal. :D

14. #34 Lucien Lachance, May 12, 2010
    The only thing sillier than the government's reasoning for their anti-legalization stance is believing that that is the government's reasoning for their anti-legalization stance.

15. No if they regulate we will be farther behind than we were before,

16. Fuck this, Fuck America Fuck Govorment

I wanna be free and live on my terms Not some one i never met in washington who tells his puppets how to eat live think and enjoy there lives FUCK THAT

Freedom for all and all for freedom.

im gonna go roll a J and think about this some more.

17. you sir are a total rebel badass hahahaha

18. #38 AntiErix, May 12, 2010
    ----Disclaimer i am talking about the war legalization and our rights being taken away--- if you don't like my opinion that is fine i am just speaking from the heart-----

I think we need to take America BACK from this over powered over used sad shit rag called the American Government. I am sick of seeing children with out there dads wife's without there hudbands cause they died over this OIL STAINED WAR. And its just bullshit that this kinda war has to happen every 20 years. So a new war for some other reson can pop up and boom America is back on track cause we plunder and take. And the war on drugs is just a big joke aswell. Fuck this i am sick of it its nothing but stress on us THE PEOPLE or should i call us the lambs nothing but a Fucking meat grinder this country has become. I was talking to my father about this and i told him if we brought back Washington and the other founders of this country they would be sick at this sight of this black abyss we have come. We are a gun for hire thats all we are sorry this isn't worded well i am just typing what comes to mind im angry at this. its nothing but a crime to humanity what we have become I think we need to tear it down and rebuild anew cause this isnt working.

19. cosigned like a mofo!!!!!!

20. im not saying he will be successful or w e idk im high lol but
    i think if he tries at all to reform marijuana laws then he will do it in his second term because if he suddenly goes pro pot now then he wont get reelected.

ehh tho to wat u said I know this is just a simple character judgement but i think hes a good person and that hes not the same as Bush or "every other president we've had in the past few decades"

does this make any sense im high