Obama Address to Congress

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MyBuddyJebus, Sep 10, 2009.

1. My faith in Obama has been slightly restored :hello:

F.y.i The only thing I did not like about his plan was required coverage. But he also said that for people who still can't afford it they will work with them to get them the plan that can work. It'll all depend on how much insurance will be before I take a solid position on it.

2. Loved it...refuted all of the negatives out there...

BUT - get ready for the anti-Obamans on GC - Obama supporters are so in the miniority here...sad...

3. Sounded great to me. This guy talking for the republican's said this plan would raise health care costs immensely.. uh, false.

4. The Republican responder has been sued for Malpractice THREE times! Hehe

5. Most people here don't like him because he doesn't want to legalize MJ at the moment. People here need to realize that there are WAY more important things going on right now in this country than a plant. I'm sure Obama would love to leagalize Marijuana and Hemp. But the sad truth is the two wars we are fighting, the economic crisis and health care reform are on the top of his to do list.

6. the legalization of hemp would be interesting.. I would think that would put a ton of people out of jobs. but anyway

7. Very good address, IMO, and his proposals make a lot of sense. Having choices to buy affordable health insurance would be a very desirable option.

8. I just caught the end of it, and he was really good. Regardless of your political beliefs there is no denying that dude can give an amazing speech.

I am also glad that he addressed all of the criticisms of the plan, and offered explanations for a lot of things.

9. Most of you never post in these forums, nor do I see you viewing the forums, so I highly doubt you know why we do or don't like the man. And that fact that you don't understand the role that MJ prohibition plays in all the 'important issues' you said he has on the top of his to do list... :confused:

10. #10 Nathan, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009

No I don't post in this section often (if ever). I'm mostly talking about people I see in smoking and usage and RLS. Yes Cannabis may boost the economy but I think he's more interested in creating new jobs to help the ecnomic issues rather than MJ. Hemp and MJ would take loads of money away from pharmaceutical, paper and tobacco companys. I fail to see what Marijuana has to do with the wars we are in.

11. Oh, I don't think MJ legalization is the reason why the blades hate Obama. They hate Obama because they believe the Fox News Rhetoric that tells them to hate Obama...

Waits for the flames...

12. I caught a little bit of Bill O'Reilly commenting on the speech a couple minutes ago. I was flabergasted on how he still managed to turn some of Obama's points into bad things. *shakes head in disgust*

13. Glenn Beck should bitch slap you

14. I semi agree with you. Yes a lot of people are brain washed by Fox News. But you can't deny that there are a handful of people here that hate Obama only because of his current MJ views.

15. That may be true, but I pretty much stopped reading the politics forum because of all the virtriolic hate reaped upon the President by a certain 'clique' of Blades...who I'm sure will be in this thread momentarily. They don't hate him for his stance on Pot. They hate him because they believe he will socialize the U.S., take away their guns, and run the country into the ground.

16. He didn't say anything new or profound. His delivery was good, as usual, but it lacked on details.

17. Come on...how many times have we heard a great speech...only to find out it was full of lies, more lies, and damned lies.

I always though that Bush said good things too...and the guy before him, and the guy before him...

ALL politicians are full of shit...Obama is too... Just wait until the final product comes out...it will be way different than what Obama just said...it always is...

18. i take issue with this quote from Pres Obama

he says the healthcare cost will be less than the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. The problem that i see is that after healthcare we will still have the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
    so that really makes no sense to me. It's not like he's going to pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan in order to go ahead with this healthcare of his.

19. Um...sorry, but did you actually listen to the speech? There were more than a couple new ideas - the fact that they were creating a free-marketplace "Insurance Exchange" for insurance companies to compete for the uninsured patient's dollars was really brand new. No denials for pre-existing conditions as mandatory to be in the insurance industry is a new concept too...well, new for a federal oversight program...oh wait, Federal Oversight of the Insurance Industry, that's new too.

Also, you can't really give too many details in a policy speech like that. The details will be forthcoming - the plan is probably several hundred pages long, you can't give out details on something like that in a short speech.

20. without change people will continue to die because they are broke, don't you think something has to be done regardless?