Obama Accepts Nobel Peace Prize

Discussion in 'Politics' started by k.smith904, Dec 10, 2009.

1. nah bro he totally deserves it for removing .01% of americas nukes duurrrrrr

2. And we probably just gave those to Pakistan or Israel.

3. Why yes. Or more accurate, in the topsy-turvy world of political correctness, bordering on ass-licking.

Or to paraphrase the father of realpolitics, Otto von Bismarck: "Politics are like sausages, it is better not to inquire on how they are made!".

And the Nobel Peace Price is very much a political prize.

This years award, do not make any sense whatsoever. Unless you view it from the angle of the sycophant PC brigade currently having the majority in the Nobel Peace Price Comittee, lead by the biggest moron in Norwegian politics since, well, ever; Torbjørn Jagland, a dreamer entirely out of touch with reality.

This years Nobel Peace Prize, should be seen as nothing but a stamp of approval from the province heralding the new emperor as a just and benevolent one. At least compared to the previous, which the provincial lords had nothing but distain for.

When I first heard of the NPPCs decision, I could only shake my head in disbelief. It is not like there is a lack of actual worthy winners. SOS Childrens Villages comes to mind, celebrating 60 years of saving children from abuse and poverty this year. Not to mention the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation who do great work in poverty and AIDS stricken areas of the globe.

But no. Apparantly it is more important for the NPPC to mingle with the messiah de-jour, and bask in his light... That he have done nothing worthy of the prize, is a secondary detail.

4. I doubt that.

5. i thought he got it because he promised for world peace.... i can promise for many things and render that prize shitless

6. You think they chose him just so they could meet him?

I'm wondering myself, as it seems odd that the committee would risk their credibility on someone like Obama. Unless they really are just a bunch of maroons.

7. #9 Zylark, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2009
    I'm looking at the award ceremony now, currently some 10 minutes into Torbjørn Jaglands (NPPC chairman) speech. Ofcourse, it is the fluff I expected, but what annoys me to no end (and I had almost forgotten this) is that Jagland is essentially english-illiterate. He can not speak the language, and when attempting to, is an embarrasment to not only himself, but to Norwegians as a whole.

I mean, it is cute when people like Petter Solberg *) (Rallycross driver) or Bjørn Dæhlie (Cross country skier) present their entirely broken english when speaking to international press and TV. But from a presumed educated statesman...

He obviously had professional help writing the speech, so why the hell did he not also get some help in delivering it? How hard can it be, to rehearse the speech and diction with the guidance and tuition of a proper english speaking orator?

I would not expect a perfect delivery from such rehearsals, but at least something passable. Seriously, if he had stood for oral exams in english on the high-school level, he would have flunked outright.

Indeed, the Norwegian press already have a field day with this. A professor at the University of Oslo have mused that he could use the speech as an example in the negative sense to his students. "It just undelines the importance of learning proper english, one day you just might find yourself the head of the Nobel Peace Prize Committee..." :D

edit:

That they'd get to meet him is certainly a factor. But mostly I think it is due to unchecked currents of Obamamania, the irrational and unrealistic expectations of Obamas political agenda and not least ability to carry it through, that the NPPC suffer(-ed) from.

I'm sure if the vote in the NPPC was done today, Obama would not get the prize, as the glorified halo of Obamamania is all but gone, after the unrealistic expectations attributed to Obama are long since shot down by the hard realities of US and world politics.

edit2:

*) Some memorable Petter Solberg quotes for some comic relief:

"It's not the fart that kills you, it's the smell" (Meaning, "It is not the speed that kills you, it is the crash")
    "The rat is loose" (Meaning, "The steering-wheel is loose")
    "In Norway we rape after dinner" (Meaning, "In Norway we burp after dinner")

:D

8. Apparently we all are. The lunacy of all of this clearly knows no bounds, and the fact that Obama has knowingly accepted this contrary of having done anything to deserve it speaks volumes of his own character.

The NPPC is henceforth worthless to me, I no longer have any respect for it as an accolade of prestige or wisdom.

"You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war." -- Albert Einstein

9. Yes, you are.

WAR IS PEACE

Al Gore also won the Nobel Peace Prize for making billions of dollars by taking advantage of peoples love for our beautiful world and want to change it for the better.

It is a mad world. Im honestly scared, what could happen next?
    I wish everyone in the world would just step the fuck up and say Hey, what the fuck is going on here? We are not stupid and there are more of us than there are of you!

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMe5dOgbu40&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Is Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty?[/ame]

Sorry for the double post, but this is worth watching.

11. Was this intentionally created to seem like it's straight out of 1984? The cognitive dissonance (or "doublethink") necessary to buy into this bullshit is astounding.

12. Hey guys, sorry I'm late to the circle jerk. Now where were we?

13. You were on your knees with your mouth open. :D

14. Obama, Secessionist Movements and the Nobel Prize
    by Russell D. Longcore

15. Oh, the many petitions I have signed..... The demonstrations I have been too..... All against nukes. This guy says hes gonna get rid of em, doesnt do shit all to keep his promise and gets a nobel peace prize?

Then he thanks the commitie for the prize by stressing the need for war? Fuck this guy. Best liar I have ever seen.

16. Fixed. :D

Seriously, that teleprompter could say anything, and Obama could deliver it.

17. Obama's acceptance speech more than likely was written for him. He was told what to say. None of it came from his heart or his mind. His words sounded so much like Bush it was fucking frightning. Toto, I don't think we have a democracy anymore.

Why did he get the nobel peace prize? The Europeans are trying to force an issue without having to stand at the podium of the UN and explicitly state it towards th USA: Stop being war mongerours you ungrateful, selfish, oil whoring bastards. We know your exploits of war are about securing the dollars global dominance, and the only threat to the dollar is the Euro. If oil was being traded with Euros instead of Dollars by OPEC what would that do to the value of the dollar? The value of your house? The value of your banking investments in American stocks? Do your own research. Look up Dollar hegemony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and start connecting the dots. There's alot of bugs underneath this rock.

Obama's Nobel Peace Prize? Nothing but a mockery.