Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

oaksterdam...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by double_frick, Mar 9, 2009.

1. didn't know where to post this, but, has anyone heard of oaksterdam (region of oakland, ca)
    or better yet...BEEN there?
    my sister said that you can go into places and buy weed without a card, you just have to ask. i'm sure the law isn't different for this area of oakland than the rest of the city or even the state, right?

what of this. my sister said she also smoked a blunt walking down the street in san francisco...likely? she isn't a big liar...but i dunno...was she just lucky?

2. Ya Oaksterdam is for real, You can actually buy weed out of vend macines with med-card, if not now , coming soon to your neck of the woods:smoke:

3. I've never been, but I highly doubt that any dispensary would put themselves in the position where they could get fucked hard by the long dick of the law, which selling to non-medical patients would definitely do.

4. You can walk down the street smokin a blunt anywhere and probably get away with it. Just wouldn't recommend doing it ;)

5. Oaksterdam has a school in Oakland and one in LA, so two campuses. They basically work to ready people for activism and marijuana careers. There are places that you can buy weed all over California, its not just limited to the bay. BUT you need a MMJ card to make it legal or to even get past the waiting room in these shops. And yeah you can walk down the street with a blunt but it isn't the greatest idea. The bay may seem chill but their hella cops that cruise through the cutty.

6. You, sir, are talking about Oaksterdam University, the original campus is located in Oaksterdam, which is an area of Oakland known for having a lot of dispensaries.

7. Good show on Oaksterdam, Marijuana INC.

8. There's a show on the National Geographic Channel called "Explorer", and one episode of this series is on how local growing is exploding in the US, and in this series they talk about Oaksterdam, and it's just like Rhythm of Life said. And yes, I'm sorry to say you still need a med card to get the legal dope, but they made it sound like it was real easy to get the card. Let's all move there!

9. can you explain the vending machine policy,hours,prices,choices, ever run out?

as opposed to the dispensary's

pretty much anyone with a mmj card answer please :)

10. ok oaksterdam is real it is a strip in Oakland that you are suppose to have a med card to enter. they have many head shops many dispensaries and many dealers. its not a very good place though because there are some pretty sketch places around it (bad neighborhoods)

11. oaksterdam is right off of the bart station in oakland, u learn how to grow and u can get certifited by them so u can obtain a nice ole job growing pot for dipsensaries(sp)