Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

O

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Lexus_Rolla, Jun 9, 2006.

1. I bought 10 X-Large dried opium poppy pods off the net. I'm pretty sure the pods haven't been treated with a preservative so they should be good to go. I don't plan on making tea but I plan on extracting as much of the opium as I can.

The plan, as it were -

1. Grind up the 10 pods in my coffee grinder.
    2. Run 2 cups of water to a boil.
    3. Take 2 large teabags, remove the tea and replace with the powdered pods
    4. Once the water reaches a boil dump the teabags in and let them steep. The plan is to not let them boil longer than probably 5-10 minutes TOPS.
    5. Lower the heat to a simmer and let the water COMPLETLEY reduce.
    6. OPIUM WOOWOO

Roughly outlined, I know. My only concern is that heat can destroy the alkaloids. For example Morphine will dissolve in boiling water. Codeine can be destroyed by water that hot. So I guess I'm going to try bringing the water to a boil and dropping the bags in and then bringing it back down to a simmer. I don't want to lose any alkaloids if I can help it. I already know that if I even get anything at all it will probably be enough to get me high maybe twice if eaten, once if smoked. Believe me I have no intentions of becoming a slave. I basically just want to see if this will work. Then I might consider a flowerbed in a friends back yard...

So What I need is info from anyone who's done it before me. I've scoured the internet for days and days and days so I've read most of what there is to read so I'm looking for user reports.

Also, I may try this in 2 batches of 5 pods to see if I can get some different results.

2. Ive done a few different experiments with ope.

I think you should put the ground pods right in the water (no tea bag) and then pout it through a coffe filter because the opium will all be in the water. This is basically the same process used to make raw opium into refined opium. Boil > Filter > Evaporate Water > Opium :)

Good luck!!

3. Would a tea bag not do the same thing? Once the alkaloids that make O up dissolve in the water they will pass right through the bag but the sludge won't. I mean it seems to me like it would be doing the same thing only a bit simpler. I'm confused heh. :smoking:

4. Indeed it would. I just felt like if you mixed it all in there together you would probably be able to extract more of the alkaloids than if everything was bunched up into tea bags. But whatever you want to do.. itll all work.

5. ya man this will work but never boil it youll lose everything ive done this enough to know lol ive lots tons of supplys from boiling. boil it then before you add ur stuff turn it to power 1 or 2 and the more slowly you do the extraction the better results for me i take about 20 hours start to finish for a good smoke youll get everything it tastes/feels the same as fresh from the pod (seems a bit stronger tho more morphine or somthing o_O)