O-zone generator question.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by paintballer3404, Dec 29, 2012.

1. I am currently growing two white widow plants and I plan on purchasing an ozone generator from my local hydro store and placing it in my living room to eliminate smell but not damage my plants. Can someone who has experience with them please let me know how we'll they would work for a 2 plant grow? Thank you.

2. Man i wouldn't mess with those.. I read about them before and the ozone that is generated can permanently damage your breathing. Just buy a carbon filter/fan...you can buy one on htgsupply.com the combo for like 120 or something...or your hydro store should have it.

3. Well the problem is that I'm growing in an armoire and it's not completely airtight. Will a carbon filter and fan still be effective? I heard that ozone generators aren't harmful as long as they aren't running 24/7. Plus it would be nice to eliminate the smell from smoking as well

4. yeah man you can't beat the carbon filter it is excellent you could just run it next to the grow and it should be good. They can be a bit noisy but you can do different things like wrap the main fan up in a blanket or something else to lower the noise. Also it will be perfect for smoking...it leaves the air completely clean smelling great.

I really don't know much about ozone generators but i wouldn't risk my health with them. The carbon filter/fan is 100% safe and effective, i love them.