Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

O D

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420girl1234, May 25, 2018.

1. Can you overdose on pot? Also Sometimes I have negative scary highs how can I have more positive ones?

2. No you can not OD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hon, even the DEA says cannabis NEVER kills by overdose!

Drug Fact Sheet – Marijuana www.dea.gov/druginfo/drug_data_sheets/Marijuana.pdf

“Overdose effects - No death from overdose of marijuana has been reported.”

If you use WAY too much cannabis (difficult to do), the very worst thing that can happen is that you vomit (just like if you drank too much booze). It isn't pleasant, but usually folks don't die from barfing! :sick:

In over 4,000 years of written medical history, not one death has been attributed to smoking cannabis. You might die if someone drops a bale of pot on your head, but otherwise, you are safe! :smoke:

Now about those "unpleasant" highs. You may be one of the people who need a little CBD in their cannabis. CBD blocks the less enjoyable parts of the THC high and has a calming effect.

Most of our modern cannabis has little to no CBD because we have been breeding only for THC. Try looking for strains like "AC/DC" which have a mix of THC and CBD. (You don't have to read the studies below, hon. I picked out quotes that pretty well sum up the studies, to make things easy for you.)

Action of cannabidiol on the anxiety and other effects produced by delta 9-THC in normal subjects.

(abst – 1982) Action of cannabidiol on the anxiety and other effects produced by delta 9-THC in normal subjects. - PubMed - NCBI

"It was verified that CBD blocks the anxiety provoked by delta 9-THC".

Does Cannabidiol Protect Against Adverse Psychological Effects of THC? (full – 2013) Does Cannabidiol Protect Against Adverse Psychological Effects of THC?

"Studies examining the protective effects of CBD have shown that CBD can counteract the negative effects of THC."

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Right on Granny.

In other news, its theoretically stated that it would take you smoking around 1,500lbs in about 15minutes to OD or induce death from cannabis.(virtually impossible)

Or in another perspective, the theory that it'd take you smoking 20,000 to 40,000 joints each with at least .9g individually.

Those are just some ideas. If you'd like to read more, I'll drop another link.

Can You Overdose on Marijuana?

5. To pick at nits, overdosing simply means taking too much so while it's easy for some of us to overdose, it almost never results in permanent damage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. What scares you and what makes your experience negative?

How much are you consuming?

How long have you been consuming this amount? Are you used to less or more?

7. Truth in your words.

Most of the time when we hear OD, we associate it with a lethal amount of a certain drug; mainly hard drugs(heroine, cocaine, meth,etc).

I guess we should use the most simplistic form of the definition instead of jumping to extremes.

So in theory you can have an Overdose on cannabis but not with a toxically lethal consequence.

Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1