O.C. GG#4 in the SunCloak4416

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Hybridway, Feb 23, 2016.

1. #1 Hybridway, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
    I just bought the SunCloak 4416 Vertical LED system. So far my only hands on experience with LED is lights I get from H.D. or Lowes. And those are used for side-lighting my HPS room. Although I've been studying on Hortricultural LED grow lights for like 9 months. So, I'd like to think I can talk a bit with you guys if you have any Tech. Questions or stuff like that. I saw another grower here do a journal in which He had gotten great results. So I did my research before buying by talking to the owner as well, who'm answered all my questions & I asked many. Just thought others would be curious about this light system, so I'm doing my first thread. I hadn't planned on this so I didnt have nice plants planned out to use. All I had ready was some OC GG#4. Yeah, that's my new strain, OC (Out of Control) GorillaGlue #4 LOL! So, I'm by no means growing by optimal guidelines here. Just trying out this interesting light & recording my thoughts while gladly chatting with my fellow growers about it. I hope you enjoy! Peace & Happy Growing

Attached Files:

2. Dude you almost got me wanting to save up for one haha. How long a veg on the GG? What soil nutes n stuff? I'm subd for sure!

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

3. Wazup Capt.Murphy! Thanks for coming by. I'll answer your questions soon. Working on my rooms right now. Just stopped in to update.
    Just finished the vertical trellis as these plants are definitely O.C..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. This is the same 6 OCGG#4's but in a different arrangement. Last night they were all transplanted into 7 gall. Pots & sprayed with Apocalypse (neem oil/leaf shine). The GG is the only strain I have that seems highly susceptible to Spider-Mites. Ooooh, I hate them bastards. They haven't had lights on yet so I figured I'd post this pic. So we can see what they look like in a few days in comparison. I have 6 more of these OCGG's to attempt to flower as well. Although unless I horizontal trellis them, I don't think I'll have much luck with only 8' ceilings seeing how they'll have light only from above. I'm hoping for the best in the SC. I normally only flower 2.5 plants in a 4'x4' space The room I'm using is my new LED flower room so I'm building as I grow. Not exactly easy. I'll stop back tonight & fill poeple in about my Nutes, medium, ect....

Attached Files:

5. A Day later their looking real good. I was able to turn the outside blade on to assist in vegging the other 6 until I'm situated. I like that the outside blades turn on with an addition 100 watts used for each side. Definitely a bonus in my book. Working now so still trying to make the time to write up on materials & environment. My first thread so bare with me. So far, real good results. Surprised to see close intermodal spacing. Usually my GG's don't get close spacing until the switch is flipped to 12/12. Flower will start on Sun. To allow them to fill in their pots a little.

Attached Files:

6. Quick break-down:
    -Nutes:TechNaFlora w/ some supplemental Nutes from Heavy 16 & Advanced.
    -Medium: 50% Coco-Loco from FoxFarms, 25% Moisture & 25% Aeration from Biotanicare.
    -<span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">Co2: <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">Yes</span></span></span></span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">-<span class="redactor-invisible-space">Strain: <span class="redactor-invisible-space">6, O.C. GG#4 in a 4'3"x 4' space. </span></span></span></span></span></span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">-<span class="redactor-invisible-space">Pots: <span class="redactor-invisible-space">7 gallon</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">-<span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">Me: <span class="redactor-invisible-space">I grow perpetually & do well. Real well. </span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>
    <span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space"><span class="redactor-invisible-space">-12/12 starts in 3 days hopefully. I'm logging my experience with this light my first time using it with non-optimal plants IMO. Questions are welcome here. </span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>

7. Sweet man. You got it down to a science. Whats moisture in the coco mix?

8. #8 Hybridway, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2016
    Capt.Murphy, been a member for a min. But still don't know why when I quote someone, the quote doesn't appear up top.?.
    These Glues have been vegging since X-Mass. Probobly 2, 3/4 months. But I ran out of room so they started off weak under CFL's for a month, then the 600 watt MH (72k) squeezed into a 5'x7' closet. Hense the sloppiness. Hoping for the best.
    The Moisture in the Biotanicare means it's the kind that retains moisture as opposed to the Aeration which contains more perlite. In my HPS room I started using The moisture in the summer time to add a day between feeds because of the heet. The CoCo-LoCo is a rich mix of a soil type that also has perlite & CoCo in it. So it retains moisture pretty well but I found it to be a little to rich for me to run by itself. It's got allota poop in it so it seems to release just the right amount of Nitrigen through flower to keep the leaves green a little longer. With straight CoCo n perlite the leaves seem to die off faster. Originally made that mix to save on Nutes in veg. but ended up running it through flower with great results. I want to try the new Biotanicare Slacker soon n see what that's about. What do you grow in?

9. I've got a 5gal dwc going right now. Next run is gonna be outside in some organic soil I mixed up on the cheap just to see what I can do and then run 3 autos in dwc under the 400w hps

10. [​IMG]Just s few pics.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Today I put in an AC & had to take a blade down & move two plants so I took this as an opportunity to access the plants after growing in there for a week or so. They went on super sloppy & couldn't support their own weight. Now they are much bigger & very strong, but not just the top, the whole plant.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Subbed up n looking great

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. I messed up & lolli-popped a bit when I should've just lowered the light blades. First time using this system or LED, so bare with me. That was obviously dumb though as the lower branches had mad sites & we're making it up to the light. Oh well. It's filling in nicely!
    For some reason I can't upload a file or picture. Just took some. It's very full of tree in there!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Get tapatalk it works flawlessly

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sorry, still can't post pictures. The light is full of GG though. That's for sure. Looking good.

16. :popcorn: Patiently waiting for the show. This is an expensive system but having read another journal on it I've seen that it works. I personally don't like the 9 plant limitation. Can you add onto this or do you have to buy another complete system.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Man, I wish I could show you guys what I see. Biggest 4'x4'x3' canopy I've seen yet! Hoping to be able to post pics soon. WTF! Im happy with the crazy growth!

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 Hybridway, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Finally, I'll catch up tomorrow. Here's a few recent pics. Put my new Wi-Fi controlled AC in today & had to remove a blade & 2 plants to do it, so here's a pic. She's a biggenz! Their to big to be taking out like that. Had to pull them through the trellis lines carefully. I didn't Weeve them, they did themselves. They need to settle back into their spots now & not be taken out agian. Beastly plants. The light system will be completely full soon. Never thought I'd get this much growth out of only 100 watts a plant. This is crazy!!! These things are 3'-4' wide & grown into each other & the trellis. But honestly, it's allot easier to manage then just 3 of the same size plants with top canopies only in a 4'x4'. Those will require a double trellis in that scroggishnish that I cannot provide, so I'm pretty sure they'll be toppling over.
    Liking this vertical growing. The SC makes it easy. So far!

• Like Like x 4
  19. You're doing a good job on those. They're looking really good. Can you raise the lights at all? It looks like the plants will be taller than the lights in no time at all>

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks! Yes, it can be raised. That's one of the things I like about it. Don't have to worry about distance from plant & light intensity. Allows them to reach their full stretch w/o having to tie back to a horizontal trellis (scrog). Actually, haven't had to do any training or manipulating. They were OC when they went in & now they can just shoot every which way w/o much limitation. I had some issues trying to get my overhead LEDs to cover their area & am/was a bit worried about intensity.
    With the SC i can simply raise it right to the ceiling & still have a 4x4x4. Pretty cool! Two things I feel I did wrong were leaving the blades high for so long (now I've dropped the 2 outside blades lower to use all their light. But it's time to raise them a lil after only 3 days. Ha! And I wish I didn't go lolli-popping. But still have some serious bush to flower so I think it'll be all good. Yeah, I cut off some weight but I'll know better next time.

• Like Like x 2