Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

O.C.D Medical Treatment

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Sauceplox, Jul 23, 2007.

1. I've done a little bit of research for my son who suffers from Obsessive Compulsion Disorder, and I've heard from multiple sources that THC can help the brain cope with certain stresses associated with the illness. I'd like for him to try some Marijuana, but he is 16 years old, and I'd like for him to get a "California Medical Marijuana treatment card" so he could do it legally, since he is already old enough in this state for a drivers license. What is the age limit? 21, 18, or below [I'm not even sure at this point if there is an age limit]...

2. I'm sorry, but I don't have an answer for your age question... Maybe search NORML's website???

I just wanted to vouche that it does help with OCD (I have it, myself -- though it's only a mild/moderate case)...

3. you can be under 18 and get a prescription, at least in california. if you are under 18 parents need to o.k. the prescription. the one bad thing about a prescription is that it stays on your record forever.

4. my ocd went away completely when i started smoking pot. too bad their isnt medicinal marijuana in new york huh?

5. You're absolutely right. Pot does help with OCD or OCD-like symptoms. In the last year (my first year of college) I've developed quite a case of something similar to OCD. It's like a swirl of OCD, ADHD (restless brain), and anxiety, but all in one. My personal experience says that one or two hits of medical grade bud a few times a day clouds my brain over just enough to get rid of whatever combination of the 3 is bothering me at the time. Some days its the only way I get through the day without freaking out.

6. you can do it any age my friend when he was 14 his mom was gonna take him to get a card