NYPD officer secretly records stop-and-frisk case

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UU_ood, Mar 24, 2013.

1. NYPD Commanding Officer Caught On Tape Ordering Cops To Stop And Frisk Young "Male Blacks": Gothamist

An officer who has been criticized by his department for not meeting stop and frisk quotas secretly records a case to expose the racism in this policy.

An outrageous (but perhaps unsurprising) audio recording was played for jurors in the big federal lawsuit against the NYPD's controversial stop-and-frisk policy yesterday. The recording, made secretly last month by Officer Pedro Serrano in the 40th Precinct station house in the South Bronx, documents his heated argument with commanding officer Deputy Inspector Christopher McCormack, who blasted Serrano for refusing to meet stop-and-frisk quotas.

During the exchange, Inspector McCormack criticizes Serrano for making so few stops, arguing that the officer had a duty to stop violent crime by stopping and frisking “the right people at the right time, the right location.” When pressed to explain what he meant by "the right people," McCormack insisted that Serrano and other officers needed to stop people who were causing "the most problems." Pressed further, McCormack is heard on tape saying, "The problem was, what, male blacks. And I told you at roll call, and I have no problem telling you this, male blacks 14 to 20, 21."

Good to see officers whistleblowing tyranical practices.

2. Demoted to janitor instantaneously after the video release got viral

3. what a dumbass, once your name is known... tsk tsk tsk. not smart, not smart at all pedro, while I agree with what hes doing, once your name becomes known...draw your own conclusion on similar cases throughout history...
    so of course history repeats it self, motherfuckers never listen

4. How the fuck are quotas even legal? It forces cops to create crime if there is none. Quotas are strong evidence of a prison industrial complex IMO.

5. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Wasn't Pedro Serrano a character from the movie Major League?

7. Pedro Cerrano.

[​IMG]

8. I agree quotas are very fucked up.

Creating crime that isnt there

9. FUCK YOU JABOO! lol

Seriously though... welcome to where we spend millions and millions to put people away for plant related crimes, not violent related crimes, not crimes against rapists and murders, but for plants... Can some one explain this to me? I still cannot seem to wrap my head around it.