NYC mayor Bloomberg: "all police should go on strike until US citizens surrender guns

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jdm_420, Jul 25, 2012.

1. I touched on this slightly in my post about "bullet proof" vests. So fucking stupid

2. Cops aren't the only people that wear bulletproof vests. Plus you cannot purchase armor piercing bullets if you are an average citizen. You can purchase ammo with steel penetrator tips, but these are not considered Armor Piercing by ATF standards.

3. You don't even need true armor piercing rounds to get through most if not all body armor. If you define armor piercing as any round that will defeat a bulletproof vest, then I have several different types of armor piercing ammo at home.

Trust me, you can have the best vest on Earth, it isn't saving you from a .358 Winchester Magnum round, or even a .300 to be honest.

Body armor will save you from handgun rounds, but it's not going to protect you against basically any hunting rifle. Not to mention if you're within a few hundred yards of you're target a head shot would be easy.

It's actually comforting, because not even the Canadian government, who are way more draconian with guns than the States, have yet dared to ban hunting rifles.

4. #144 Fëanor, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    1 - No, not anybody. You can't be a minor, you can't be a felon, and you can't have a known history of mental health issues. Also, as someone pointed out, citizens cannot purchase uranium or tungsten bullets which are heavier and are what the military would consider "armor piercing".

2 - It is only "retarded" to people like you, because the concept of protecting yourself and your family just doesn't make sense in your mind. After all the government is here to help, right?

Of course he is not going to say that. He may be an idiot but he is also a politician and he knows that he should never say what he is going to do in black and white terms. Then he can't change his mind later.

However, anyone with an IQ above 90 should be able to read between the lines because it's blatantly obvious that he believes only the government should have any weapons (or soda pop).

5. Partially correct, because nobody from New York uses the term, "soda pop". :hello:

6. Soda Pop Cops.

Kinda has a ring to it :eek:

7. #147 doob3r, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    theres a lot of loose talk in here about AP ammunition, and it can be broken down into 3, all of which are legal to use and own in my state,

Steel tipped ammunition like the military surplus being the biggest, designated the M855 round, is a common round, available at even walmart in surplus of 420 rounds for 150 bucks.

Steel cored munitions like most of the russian surplus that has mild steel cores instead of soft lead, this includes almost ALL 7.62x39 ammo which is probably the most common round in the entire world, the russians produce it this was t save money. even using steel cases instead of brass.

Banded ammunition are solid, banded projectiles usually solid copper r brass designed for extreme thick skinned big game animals, they offer no expansion, just deep penetration, they retain weight and will not split up like conventional bullets do.

the cheap shit all the shooters are shooting IS AP ammo, it is all designed to punch a hole in whatever it hits, and is 100% legal to own with lake city manufacturing about 2.5 millions rounds of it per day. a majority of which ends up on shelves at places ranging from walmart, to my gun magazines to my local mom and pop firearms retailers. its simply the cheapest most abundant affordable ammo there is in most cases.

if you want to argue tungsten cored ammo or "heavy armor piercing" ammo them it is a different argument.

catagorize them how you will, bottom line is they offer almost the same external and internal performance on any "soft" target

8. You won't see anybody purchase a bottle of Dr. Pepper, either in NYC - I don't think that it's even sold here. Can't complain about Wal Mart in NYC, since there aren't any.

I'm no great fan of Mike Bloomberg, but sometimes he's on target (no pun intended), like this time.

9. Yeah, i feel he missed the target wide-LEFT.

10. That can be turned around at you, so stop acting immature and finding a stretch between what was actually said and what you want to believe it means. It was never said, nor even suggested, that he wants to get rid of all guns. Take your propaganda elsewhere, perhaps to a group thatis actually dumb enough to believe it.:smoke: