NYC mayor Bloomberg: "all police should go on strike until US citizens surrender guns

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by jdm_420, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Why should a law be created that gives criminals the upper hand over law abiding citizens? Criminals are going to illegally purchase, conseal, and carry firearms anyway, so why make it impossible for responsible Americans to own a firearm? I don't care what your thoughts are on the subject, if you were in a dark alley and some thugs point a gun in your face your gonna shit a volvo. If I happen to waltz by, legally armed and legally concealing my legal firearm and save your fucking life, where does your gun control fit in here? If it was illegal for me to own a gun, I would be in the police station describing the guy that spilt your head like a canoe, and your family would be getting a phone call.

2. Gun control is for slaves. Which is what we will all be if the 2nd amendment is ever modified or repealed. Gun control doesn't stop gun violence. Anything that is illegal will always be provided by a black market. You should know this already being a member of a cannabis discussion forum. Cannabis is illegal but that doesn't stop you from buying it. Guns are the same. And most gun related violence is perpetrated with illegal guns. So gun control does NOTHING except leave the good people of the U.S. defenseless.

3. From wikipedia: Gun politics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But hey, maybe they did their math wrong...

this one is from: GUN CONTROL FACT-SHEET (2004) - Gun Owners Of America

hmmm...

4. [quote name='"andpinger"']

Ok as a responsible gun owner and avid sportsman I feel obligated to bring some light into the "cop killer" bullet discussion. First of all I completely understand some people's concern over this whole issue... however a little research into ammo and ballistics should be done before people call for more bans. First of all most cops wear level II armor which is easily defeated by the vast majority of rifle ammunition. Rifle ammo will easily pierce level I, II, IIIa and possibly some plate armor. If we truly banned all "cop killer" bullets you would effectively ban all rifle ammunition... including all cartridges used by deer and other larger game hunters. A great basic explanation of body armor can be found here:

BulletProofME.com Body Armor - Quick Answers to FAQs

As a side note the weapon the killer used was chambered in .223 which other posters have mentioned is a very underpowered round compared to many hunting cartridges. Its actually illegal in many states to hunt with .223 because it is inhumane in killing game... So basically disregard the medias attempt to label the weapon as "high powered".... it really isn't high powered at all relative to other rifles.

True armor piercing ammo which is not legal actually refers to handgun ammo with steel cores... Teflon has nothing to do with the penetrative capabilities of ammunition, rather it protects the barrel from the hard steel or brass core.

Heres a decent article for those looking for more:

BulletProofME.com Body Armor - Quick Answers to FAQs[/quote]

Hey I had to dig this post up to say thanks for that link..I just bookmarked it so Ty again

5. I think the biggest point that needs to be brought up is regaurding knowledge.

If guns are banned or restricted to the point that the everyday person can't legally own one, there won't be any need for hunters safety classes, or concealed weapons classes, or even gun portions of self defense classes.

So now, a person in their 30's finds a gun and picks it up because he doesn't know the difference between that and his son's toy gun, and shoots himself in the face. And if you think I am exaggerating at all, go up to one of your pot hating friends that has never smoked anything (every stoner has at least one of those friends for some reason) and have them hit a bong without instructions. Would you bet your, more importantly your families life on them being able to hit that bong properly?

I really hope that made sense cause I am HIGH AS FUCK right now!!!

6. How the fuck did this ass clown get voted in is what I wanna know...

7. a few quotes on the subject, some by the Founding Fathers.

“The Second Amendment was to protect the ability of the people to violently overthrow the government,” writes Richard Schrade, an attorney from Georgia and member of the Libertarian National Committee. “Let’s remember that this country was formed in a violent revolution. Let’s remember that at Lexington and Concord citizen fired on and killed government soldiers sent by the central government to confiscate their weapons and arms…. When viewed in this light, it is apparent that a limitation on automatic weapons would be an infringement on the purposes of the Second Amendment.”

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man,” Thomas Jefferson

“Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence...The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference.” George Washington

“Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?” Patrick Henry

8. I don't understand why everyone doesn't have this garrison guy on their ignore list.

He is obviously a troll, in every single thread I have seen him in, he plays the antagonist.

9. I just found this... It's a long read but WELL worth it... If we don't learn from history, we are bound to repeat it...

Thank you again wikipedia: Saturday night special - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. 34 Americans murdered with guns in the control of PEOPLE. Gun control isn't the issue, armed criminals are the issue, and disarming America isn't gonna prevent criminality.

You are the type of person who gets robbed at gun point, then has a vendetta against guns and the control over guns, you say "what if he didn't have that gun" when the logical way to see it is "what if you had a gun and were educated and experienced in its use". Criminals will always have guns, they are already at an advantage because our civil law does not bind them, I'm not going to give criminals any more leverage than they already have

11. It's almost like the people who are against the regulation of illegal guns WANT the criminals to be armed, so that they as law-abiding citizens will have a reason to carry a gun and use it. I can think of no other reason to oppose cracking down on illegal gun ownership, other than by people who disobey the law.

12. Banning weapons or ammo won't do shit.

Marijuana is banned, but look at how effective that is.

The Colorado movie shootings could have been stopped if another citizen was packin heat and shot that fucker dead.

13. It's almost like this guy who is for the regulation of guns WANTS us to keep proving everything he says is complete nonsense, so that he will have a reason to get a box of cleanex and hide in the closet for an hour. I can think of no other reason to oppose legal gun ownership, other than by people who have a sick sexual fettish for being wrong.

14. I really won't be surprised if and when guns get outlawed.

It's not about the violence, It's about control and THEM TAKING AWAY OUR FUCKING RIGHTS.

The government, elites, ect. ect. don't give two fucks about us.

sorry for the language I'm just a little heated on what's going.

15. Mmm and not one reply, cute.

16. Well whether or not you like it pal, gun activists don't WANT criminals to be armed, the fact of the fucking matter is that they ARE armed, so your kinda talking in circles here. I can't believe you would post something so ridiculous, there is not one person that is in favor of the 2nd amendment that dually favors criminals possessing firearms. And did you ever consider that I don't only own a gun just for protection? I have a pistol my grandfather won in a raffle when he was just 18 years old, in the late 1940s. It was willed from my grandfather to my uncle, who has unfortunately passed away recently and so it was left to me by my uncle. Are you saying that this particular firearm is endangering someone and should be taken from me on those grounds, regardless of the historical and intrinsic value it has to me and my family?

Please, just think about what you are suggesting

17. Criminals are for the most part are armed because there's too many guns and not enough checks and balances.

Another thing about some gun enthusiasts is the total dishonesty when having a discussion. Very few people want to make all guns illegal for everybody other than the military and police, but some of these people just keep repeating lies over and over which give another impession.

Why are they so afraid of a background check, is it because they have something to hide?

18. Do you have O.D.D.? Just wondering cause that would explain a lot...

19. Background checks are standard in most states and there is also a wait period.

If you can go back 2 pages and refute any part of my quote i'll listen

20. Ok so I'm bored and have about 3 grams in front of me... I'll bite... What lies? Please give examples and/or cite sources... I'll be very patiently waiting...