NYC Diesel Auto Organic

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Skip I am, Mar 7, 2019.

1. This is my NYC Diesel Auto. Roughly week 3 of flower. It's been doing it's thing under my t5 veg light. All organic.

Thoughts on making a 5 gallon bucket of tea. I don't need to make it strong enough to have to dilute with 30 gallons of water. Ideally i would like to just brew a 5 gallon bucket worth that can be used cutting 1:2.

I have some Happy Frog 3-12-0 steamed bone meal(w/ active soil microbes), Kelp Meal, bu's blend compost, earthworm castings. I was thinking of mixing it lightly.

1/4 cup compost
    1/4 cup EWC
    2 tbsp kelp meal
    1 tsp unsulfered molasses

I mentioned the bone meal because it has active soil microbes in it and is also high in (p). Would it make any difference adding it to the brew since the plant is flowering or would i get the same benefit just top dressing? Should i change anything about the tea for not needing to dilute it? I simply don't have any use for 30 gallons of tea and since ive read it just goes bad there is no need to mix that much stuff up. Any tips would help. This is my first go at all organics and last year was my first grow using bottled nutes. 20190306_201135.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Little better shot of the tops. Only topped once at the 5th node. Just did the final LST tie down tonight. 20190306_215105.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. U are flowering with t5? I will watch if that's the case

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes its a Agrobrite t5 x 6 bulb 4ft light. I had extra space and i got a bunch of freebie autos when i ordered my outdoor photos for this coming season. Figured why not. It's in my same organic soil mix i used to set my beds and pots up in october for this coming season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Did u throw a red bulb or 2 in? Wel I like to see what happens. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  6. No i haven't. Would that affect my veg of my plants going outdoors?? And thank you.

7. Do you have any thoughts on organic top dressings during flower? EWC, Bone Meal, Sea Bird Guano, and Kelp meal is what im leaning towards. How does that sound during flower?

8. No. I have seen people add like 2 red bulbs during flower. Hell if u are going outside it doesn't matter what u give them to veg. When I first started i would use the sun in the day and flourescents at night

• Like Like x 1
  9. Never have used organic stuff yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I believe i am seeing early signs of a cal/mag or phosphorus deficiency. It is only showing on lower leaves. Any of you organic guys recognize this? The soil cooked for roughly 2 - 3 months before planting in it. Here's a few pics.

It is showing on all of my plants.

I amended the soil with oyster shell, bone meal, blood meal, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, azomite, ewc, fish meal, and insect frass. This has not been an on going problem and other than some tea every other week and light top dressings of ewc, kelp meal, and bone or fish meal i haven't given them anything. 1552351405431.jpg 1552351428010.jpg 1552351449446.jpg

11. I honestly have never seen leaves look like that before. It's strange

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. Howzit Skip - looks like that leaf bit the dust. Honestly, it looks to be a PH thing. I don't have any experience with Autos, but I've read they can be fickle. What's on the soil surface? Looks a bit minerally...do you water from the tap? Is it hard water?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pretty good. The main thing on the soil surface is crushed glass to keep fungus gnats down. The other color is top dressed ewc, bone meal, and kelp meal. Pretty sure it's a pH issue. The soil tests around 8.5pH and the tap water is around 8.5 as well. Occasionally i use rainwater as well. As for the hard water no its not.

14. Hey Skip, if the water ph is that high, you can bring it down with citric acid.
    Also mixing in a lot of peat helps w/soil ph. Some dudes with high ph probs even mix bark fines into their soil mix. Sulfur is the strong stuff to use for soil.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I put 5 lbs of sulfur in a 1gal pot. Kidding. I did about a tsp top dressed across the top. It's definitely a cal-mag issue i am seeing which is most definitely soil ph

• Like Like x 1
  16. Took her out for some sun today. The deficiency went away so i am certain it was cal-mag caused by pH lockout. She's going strong. Colas are starting to stack up nicely. 20190315_151844.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. I've been foliar spraying all the ladies lightly with cal-mag until the soil pH corrects from the solfer i added.