NYC cartridges

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jogabot, Mar 3, 2020.

1. (i've included a long background here, so you can skip down to 'CATRIDGE' title for the main issue i'm having)

i have an arrangement where my neighbor will get me a $20 gram in exchange for $40 of beer (that i can get at a discount). obviously he makes out on the deal (as he drinks 6-12 guinness on daily basis. i oten dont have cash on me, and so i asked him to set whatever 'beer rate' makes it financially worth it for him...and i'm willing to pay the premium.

i dont have the money to do this more than 1-2 times a week, but he calls me everyday. (our apartments are wall to wall). he's one of those guys who will call you 3 times in a row if you don't answer. and when i could afford it, id do it. the fact that he was calling me everyday meant that obviously he understood the deal was in his favor, which is what i wanted. we've had this arrangement for the past 6 months or so. the weed was of pretty poor quality and i got the sense he was ripping me off a little more each time. i ask him to only get me the strongest weed he has at the time and to just set the gram price to whatever he thought would be beneficial to him.

last week, i picked up coronas which was his 2nd choice beer if guinness foreig stut was out of stock. he's partcular with the exact amount and brands he wants, which i was fine with since i was getting the discount from my friend. dropped off the beers to him and he sent up one of his guys to give me some really shit weed. the next day, he told me that he wanted to set a higher rate (more beer for less weed) since he claimed he was 'buying in advance' for me on monthly basis which he had never mentioned before and was not something i would have agreed to. so i asked him why he would re-up for me if i wasnt caught up with the last re-up. i told him he deals off between us and asked him why he would hit me up everyday if he was losing money with every deal. i also told him that i had bought a scale and that whatever he was selling me was averaging around $30 / gram and that the last batch was terrible so id be fine cancelling the deal. which made him start bombarding me with texts to see if we could work it out. so i relented and we agreed to the original 40/20 ratio and i told him not to ever re-up for me if i wasnt caught up with last one (im pretty sure he was lying about this).

*CARTRIDGE*

that day we dd the 40/20 gram deal and i noticed the weed amount looked like more than what he had been selling before. now that he knew i was weighing it myself, he couldn't shortchange me with that amount

a few days later, he told me he had some vape cartridges he wanted to get to me. i hd bought a cartidge once before from him for around $60. he wanted to sell this to me for $150 which i coulld get to him next week. i took the catridge but said i may not have the money next week. i had already been paying a premium before, but i obviously knew it was bogus. it came in a worn-down "dank vapes mai tai". said it was a "CBD strain" but at the bottom said 93.74% THC. one drag off it it and i knew it was shit.

i took the cartridge for him in the first place knowing it was a fake so that i could go back to him with some righteous anger and either have him make a better deal for me or just agree to end the deal. he had said that he makes the oils himself. (this is in NYC where weed cartridges aren't legally sold. but before i confront him with this. i wanted to get my facts straight in terms of the range of prices that cartridges sell for. because he has a habit of 'overselling' the quality of everything and im usually so agreeable that i dont push back. which obviously has now made me an easy mark in his eyes.

so since i had taken a few hits off the pen, i was planning on giving him back the cartridge with $30 so that he wouldn't be able to say that i took those 3 hits for free. but before i do this, i wanted to get some cannabis experts advice. first of all, is the process of making this oil something that he could do on his own like he says it does? im assuming that the 'dank vape' box that he put the cartridge was just a leftover or a tool in the scam. because he knows im not looking for CBD anything. i make it a point to ask for the strongest stuff hs got in whatever amount he thins is in his interest. ive never mentioned CBD. and the 93.74% THC statement at the bottom makes even the box seem fake.

so if he tries telling me that the oil he makes is worth $150, i want to know if anyone else makes their own oils or is familiar with the pricing.. thanks for any advice or tips u can share! reading the horror stories on these vape pens,i want to be armed with the facts that will allow me the requisite righteous indignation to shut down his knack for making everything seem like im the one screwing him over. the 3 hits i took felt next to nothing. what do people who make their own oils usually sell their cartridges for?

2. $150 a cart & $30 a gram??? Your dealer is bending you over dude.. just tell him you can't get the beers anymore & find a new dealer.

• Like Like x 2
  3. i have got to think you are trolling

4. thanks ... exactly wat i needed to hear...just needed outside perspective other than the snake oil guy

5. unfortunately not...just dumb navie and a lone stoner...but the fact that u thnk it is re-assuring when i have to face down this snake oil.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Hell yeah deffo ditch him & find another dealer or grow your own.. no cart/weed is worth what they want :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I’ve had people rip me off many times and I knowingly just take the deal for lack of connections around my area. But $30 for one gram!? this just sounds weird. Definitely a deal I wouldn't do I’d rather not smoke and grow my own which is what I’m doing now. I’ll never smoke weed again in my life unless I’m getting it off a dispensary or off my own crop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. This was long winded and hard to follow but from what I read it seems like your arrangement of paying him in beer is a worse deal than just paying cash? Besides who the hell wants to be paid in beer anyway lol unless he's underage or something. Also from all the research and anecdotes I've seen (and I'm more than confident I've seen enough) the risk of buying a cart anywhere other than in person from a dispensary is simply not worth it.

And even then you still need to make sure it's a legit dispensary and do your homework (for example in California there are tons of non licensed shops that will still sell bs carts). Please do your research people. The fake cart problem is a huge risk that could literally cost your life. People die from this shit. And even supposedly legit carts can be full of pesticides or mold if they aren't properly tested.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Please watch this. This video doesn't even go over all the risks and details of how things can be faked but it covers a lot of important and very scary realities of this issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You are getting fucked so so terribly hard the entire time. Find a new connection, it’s NYC for crying out loud there are even solid delivery services for bud there

• Like Like x 1