Nutritious food =/= healthy?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by dariolovesdeb, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Polyphenol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Antinutrient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Health effects of polyphenols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Flavonoid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know what to eat anymore..

2. Let me clarify for you.

They inhibit nutrient absorbtion, but dont completely block it.

They are destroyed bY cooking.

Meat is an essential nutrient.

Eat lots of lightly steamed veggies and fresh fruits and seeds. Suppliment meat.

Raw mushrooms also contain cancer causing agents thag are destroyed by heat.

You.still need to eat veggies

3. #3 dariolovesdeb, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    I understood all of that.

Cooking it destroys the nutrients and characteristics that make them expensive in the first place. I buy veggies for their antioxidant value, but to digest it properly I have to kill the antioxidants?

Meat is a congregation of nutrients. What nutrient or nutrients are exclusive to meat that are so essential?

I'm just going to drink water and sleep whenever I'm tired. The more I study science, the more I find out how everything is bullshit. Same applies to food. It'd be so much easier if our bodies weren't slaves to food. If only we could get all of our nutrients through breathing so we don't have to worry so much about how we're going to acquire the proper energy to keep on moving on.

4. [quote name='"dariolovesdeb"']I understood all of that.

Cooking it destroys the nutrients and characteristics that make them expensive in the first place. I buy veggies for their antioxidant value, but to digest it properly I have to kill the antioxidants?

Meat is a congregation of nutrients. What nutrient or nutrients are exclusive to meat that are so essential?

I'm just going to drink water and sleep whenever I'm tired. The more I study science, the more I find out how everything is bullshit. Same applies to food. It'd be so much easier if our bodies weren't slaves to food. If only we could get all of our nutrients through breathing so we don't have to worry so much about how we're going to acquire the proper energy to keep on moving on.[/quote]

Your putting too much thought into anti nutrients. They are a recently discovered phenomena.

Vegetables were proven healthy time and time again. This discovery didnt change that. in fact these anti nutrients may also be cancer fighting phytochemicals. We dont know everything about biochemestry.

Also your wrong about meat. Animals like all life use genes to synthesise unique biomolecules.

There.are phytochemicals "benificial micro nutrients not yet discovered" in all life forms including meat.

Also clinical evidence proves vegans given a creatine suppliment have higher iq. Creatine is a nessesary nutrient (one of many) only found in meat.

Veganisms has been under the microscope many times and has never been proven by science to be as healthy.as a well rounded diet.

Vegans point fingers at things like fried chicken a sausage loaded with chemicals, and say look meat is bad.

They show pictures of fat people grilling hot dogs and say see, fat you eat is fat you wear.

But that is not representative of a healthy balanced diet. Fresh poultry and fish minimaly processed with fresh fruits.and.veggies and nuts js the best diet. That is the diet we evolved on, and is the only diet sxientifically proven to touch every base.