Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nutritional Value in Drizzle???

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Zig Zag Vig, Nov 20, 2005.

1. hey all, in my last nutrition lecture my professor was asked about the nutritional content of marijuana. my prof. was dumbfounded and had no response. is there any?

2. There can't be any... it's just smoke in your lungs, absoultely nothing hits your stomach, but I could be wrong...

3. you dont have to have nutrients hit your stomach in order to be absorbed. yes there is nutritional value. Ill look it up a little later, and post the results. peace

4. If you eat weed then it will help your bowel system since its a plant. I hear if you eat your greens you have less of a chance for diseases like colon cancer.

5. Well, eating weed to get roughage would be a waste of money. Just take some fiber, or eat some salad.

6. Good Call, smoke the weed, then eat the lettuce

7. There is a whole chapter on this in Jack Herer's book Emperor Wears No Clothes. let me scrownge up the basics:

This is for hempseed :

Hempseed oil = lowest in sat. fats at 8% of total oil volume.

55% linoleic (LA) acid and 25% linolenic acid (LNA)
    LA and LNA are involved in transferring oxygen from air in lungs to all the other cells in the body. Also helps hold Oxygen in cell membranes helping keepviruses and bacteria out. Also helps carry toxins to skin surface, kidneys, and lungs where they can be removed

80% total volume of oil is essential fatty acids, these are slippery and bent shaped which keeps them from clogging arteries unlike transfatty acids.

Hempseed protein = 65% globulin edestin and some albumin (easily ready protien, like that of the protien in blood plasma) (hempseed has one of the highest amounts of protien in the plant kingdom, I could not find this part but i remember reading it)

Also hempseed grains (thus breads oatmeals etc), and milk (you can make milk from the hempseed), Can be a cure for malnutrition... a very cheap, easily grown, yet forbiddin remedy for possibly millions of lives.

8. John Muir? Didn't he found Yosemite? Or wait, maybe he's just a forest conservationist...learned about him at Scicon.

9. Oh yeah i said John Muir but ment Jack Herer... lol John Muir wrote "How to keep your volkswagen alive forever" the vw bible.