Nutritional Information Conflicts

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Bajhshot, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Hi GC Lifestyle, I am currently cutting back on my weed consumption as I have smoked everday since I turned 18 when my mom passed away. I can count on my two hands the days I have not been stoned, and lately I have cut back my consumption dramatically. Last time I bought weed was over a week ago, and the time before that a week and a half.

I am cutting back because I want to get healthy and begin a lifestyle transition. However I have come across the fact that I am emotionally addicted to the fluffy green. However this is NOT what this thread is about.

This thread is about the fact that during this transition phase I want to get in shape. I want to look like Shaka Zulu from the 1986 series, but I dont know what nutritional guides I should follow. There is so much conflicting information on the internet that I thought the only way to know what to do would be to ask people who have already done it and what works best for them.

What should I eat? What deitary guides are the best to follow and does smoking weed have a serious detriment to this? Would vapourizing be the same as smoking in terms of deposits on the lungs? I tried running and felt like I was breathing a wall, even though I dont smoke cigs, and it could be because I am terribly out of shape but I think it may be because of the weed smoke.

Anyways any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :smoking:

2. #2 well highdrated, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
    you are right there is a lot of bad information out there about good nutrition.
    one thing you should never buy into are these miracle diets, which are good for a while... but many people fail because they don't understand the basic concepts of eating well. like the fact that a calorie from a cookie is not the same as a calorie from a carrot.

the problem with the way many people eat today is that they consume a lot of calories, but those calories have very little nutritional value (vitamins, minerals, amino acids, healthy fats).

nobody will disagree that the best way to eat is to eat raw, fresh and lean. here's a list of rules that are simple to keep in mind:
    - when shopping for food don't go into the isles of the supermarket. fish, meat, veggies and nuts are usually on the outside.
    - buy fresh
    - don't eat any food that requires a label of ingredients
    - stay away from "white" foods (sugars, starches, salt, white bread, starchy potatoes, white rice, flour, flour-based products)
    - plan your meals. every time you put something in your body, know exactly what and why
    - keep your carb intake low to promote fat loss. veggies, raw nuts, meat and fish is all you need
    - avoid salad dressing and condiments (like ketchup), they are full of high fructose corn syrup. olive/almond oil and balsamic vinegar is perfect for any salad

how you eat: adjusting carbs vs proteins, time of day and portions is really a matter of trial and error in many cases. that being said, you simple cannot go wrong if you change your approach to eating by sticking to natural foods. it's not a diet it's a different lifestyle.

come up with a plan to eat each meal and exercise.

3. I'm a dietetics major and the post above me is completely right. Thanks for saving my time as I was going to type something similar!

4. One thing I can recommend is the paleo diet! It's how cavemen ate. Ever seen a fat caveman? I don't think so:)

5. [​IMG]

don't know about that... :smoking:

6. Like that! Fred and barney

7. The reason why there is so much conflicting information is because lots of people have different aims and some are willing to sacrifice certain things that others are not. I am more than happy to help you (I studies sport science and did an MSC in nutrition at university and was a personal trainer) however it not only depends on what you what to look like at the end (you said like Shaka Zulu) but also what you look like now, at the start. You can post this or PM me and ill make a detailed guide for you. Also I started out as incredibly skinny and now I'm in great shape in terms of both look and actually wellbeing. I made this transformation while smoking a large amount of weed (I still do)- so I dont exactly how it effects you, but I do know that the transition is possible while smoking weed.

8. Agreed! I'm a fitness freak and still blow heavy:)

9. Eat like a well off pre-industrial age peasant! And vaporizing is the way to go, hon! It doesn't clog your lungs with smoke particles!

10. There has never been conflicting info.on greens or fruits or fresh meat.

The whole.foods diet is best.

Salads. Greens. Vegetable soup.
    Some fruit.
    And unprocessed meat

Avoid grains and legumes

11. grains and legumes are acceptable in correct amounts. highdrated basically hit the mark. just a couple things id like to add. food that have an ingredient list if you are aware of what to eat and what not to. anything hydrogenated=trans fat, which is an absolute no no. i also stay away from high fructose corn syrup, and pretty much anything else you cant pronounce or dont know what it is/turns into inside your body. also, there are quality foods to be found in the aisles of supermarkets, but the perimeter is where its at. just eat natural/organic. and that doesnt mean buy something cuz it says NATURAL on the front, you have to look at the ingredients. natural peanut butter in small amounts here and there is a good source of protein, pair it with an apple as a snack. chicken and fish! and most important of all, fruits an veggies. cliche but its legit. avocado, garlic, tomato, spinach, and lemons are some of the best foods on the planet for you. we could go on and on. PM if you want more or have specific questions lol

12. Grains and legumes shouldn't be eaten at all.

I mean.obviously.you can. And.in moderation they are LESS harmful

You might as well say soda is OK in moderation kol

13. What's wrong with legumes? :confused:

14. Soda is okay in moderation...

15. absolutely not

16. Almost every substance (that doesn't kill you instantly lol) on Earth is okay in moderation

17. brilliant.

but i still say do not do a little heroin, do not eat a little poop and do not drink a little soda.

18. Idk when I switched to paleo I asked the same question

I.got a few weird answers not.backed up by.science.

I still don't fully believe they are bad theta really just not "natural" because humans can't eat then raw

19. Well, I'm sure you can probably guess what I think about the naturalistic fallacy. :rolleyes::laughing::smoke:

20. Yea I don't like naturalism its not scientific. But its a good.place to start when studying the effects of diet