Nutrients?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by THCandroid, May 29, 2011.

1. anyone have preferred nutes they use? and pro/cons between organic and chemical nutes? looking for some reliable nutrients to grow my plants with.

2. stick with fox farm trio theres big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom very well known main stream brand alot of people use it including me and on there site they have a great chart on how much to use.

3. Organics are more expensive the roots organics line is the best imo.

4. #4 greenbudguy, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I like the Fox Farm trio as well and just got the solubles trio too

5. where can i find this Fox Farm trio? i did some shopping for all i have yesterday at wal mart and lowes, but didnt see and FF supplies at all... im not sure we even have hydro stores up here either.

6. #6 greenbudguy, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Check out nurseries too. My local nurseries have the trio. The hydro store had the solubles. You can always order online

7. The only "pro" for chemical ferts is that they are cheap. But you get what you pay for, so I don't necessarily consider it a "pro." And chemical ferts are about all you will find at Walmart.

Fox Farm is a very popular MJ fert. Google "Fox Farm", check eBay, you'll find it. Lots of other choices too. Check out an online hydro store like HTGSupply-dot-com and you'll see several brands/products listed.

8. im using ff hydroponics and wanna get things right..not sure when i go from the week to week without a water change am i adding in another full set of nutes or just topping them off?

9. ^Don't hijack someone else's thread. Start your own starring your very own question.

10. Plants absorb nutrients through a process called diffusion which occurs on an ionic level (ie. attraction of charged particles). Plants don't read labels and don't care whether the product is called organic or otherwise.

One of these days I'd love to see a plant you grew. How about posting some pics?

Simon

11. yea i was asking which of the two is more..."user friendly"

12. not that other of the two are 'better" for the plants by any means but which one most people prefer, as a general consensus from the grasscity community

13. Hands-down the consensus for preferred is organic. Put it this way: here on GC there are two entire sub-forums dedicated to organic growing, there are none for chemical growing. I'm not even aware of a single thread here on GC dedicated to promoting chemical growing...

SimonC, the plants don't read labels but they sure do follow the laws of physics at a molecular level. Chemical ferts deliver nutrients bound into chemical compounds that are not as easy for plants to uptake as the way the nutes are delivered in organic ferts. Actually, you are more feeding the soil, or even more specifically the beneficial microbes in the soil, than you are feeding the plant. The microbes form a symbiotic relationship with the plants' roots, breaking down the ferts into base nutrients that the plant can uptake, and they can't deal with the chemical compounds in chemical ferts nearly as well as from organic.

14. i use to use chemical frets and wen i changed to canna i could tell the difference in the final smoke it was not as harsh as it is now im useing organic ferts
    just my 2pence worth

15. Go organic... IMO better results as far as taste, aroma, density of buds & even better thick percentages. Also I go organic for the simple reason that its easier to work with AND its harder(but not impossible) to burn your plants. Only downside with organics I think is you have to change out your nutrient rez more often and organics I've noticed attracts more pests/bugs. But as far as bugs go the best cure is prevention!

16. Wait, what? As the electrical exchange of charged particles - remember, that's how plants absorb nutrients - only effects pure elements, there's no such thing as "bound into chemical compounds." It's all the same to the plant. Why? Because, nitrogen is nitrogen. I love how folks cite the laws of physics, while having no idea how they work. lol

I ask again, any chance of seeing a plant you grew?

Simon

17. ohhh shit! one of my babies sprouted, epically healthy too! when should i start the nutes, hoping to pick up the FF trio today, gonna go to some various flower shops

18. sorry i wasnt trying to..I was thinking since others have used ff nutes there would be information others would have on how to use their feeding sched

19. #19 josephspare21, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    don't u got any hydro stores around you? just go to google type hydroponic then your zip code, the foxfarm chart says u can start right away using big bloom but i would wait like a week or 2 also u should give it lower nutes then i calls for. When i first started i edited the fox farm chart and lowered them alil now i don't even use a chart anymore u will have to adjust chart to how many weeks u are vegging/flowering but hope this helps.

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the new foxfarm chart with all additives as well as new line of foxfarm products.
    VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

[​IMG]

20. Physics schmizicks! Hahaha this doesn't have to be rocket science! It doesn't matter! If you want to use chemical then use chemical... if you want to go organic then go organic! Just give this shmoe the basic principles, pros/cons of both! Everyone's trying to be f@ck¡ng horticulturist/botanists.

Organics: PROS: not as much pH adjustment needed, all natural, can possibly improve taste/aroma, more user-friendly CONS: more frequent res changes, usually more expensive, attracts bugs/pests, smells pretty funky

Chemical: PROS: amazing yields, fast growth veg/flower, fairly inexpensive CONS: not so user-friendly, can easily burn plants if not precisely measured, requires constant pH monitoring

To me if you're willing to sacrifice overall quality for quantity then chemi is the way to go. However if you're growing your own personal stash and prefer the best of taste & aroma then go organic! Simple as that!