Nutrients ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shifte83, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Hi all I have asked this before I think but can someone please recommend the best Nutes for my first grow, will be growing white widow, big bud under a mars pro 320 II. In a 4x4 tent.

I lost the bit of paper I wrote all of this down on and have had some delays in getting this grow happening. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. General hydro is good to start with but then u gotta get a ph pen if u don't have one I'd say advanced sensi grow it's ph perfect so u don't have to worry about ph as much

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man, I'll see if I can get it in AUS or guess I can order online.

4. Yeah I like advanced iv tried almost all of the nutes out at least once in the past 5 years but I always come back to advance nutes. They might be on the high end of cost but the results are always amazing and u don't have to use their whole line I don't lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sensi is a good base nute to start with then u can add things like bud candy and big bud and u will get fat healthy harvest

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I'll send you a PM bro

• Like Like x 1
  7. What kind of medium do u plan to run?

8. If you're in aus look into Cyco

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah but cyco is not ph perfect js so u gotta check ur ph often

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don't get me wrong I have used cyco good nutes but I still prefer advanced

11. Is advanced hard to get I'm aus?

12. I can get the advanced here man and I'll stick to that looks perfect

13. OK sounds good bro just buy the sensi base nutes grow a+b and bloom a+b and start with that and as far as soil/coco go's try to find something that has no nutes and if it's straight coco coir add perlite to it and was the coco very very well

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks heaps man, can't wait to share some photos once I have this baby started

• Like Like x 1
  15. For sure bro can't wait either

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lot of these companies will actually send you a decent sample pack for free, house and garden , nectar for the gods, age old organic, recharge, great white, just to name a few ,
    Any good line geared towards cannabis should do ya fine,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. I Shit you not - Check out Black Flower Nutrients man - Whether you grow in Coco, Soil or Hydro there is 3 lines
    Blackflower -Terra A+B
    Blackflower - Aqua A+B
    Blackflower - COCO - A+B

I'm doing a small grow with them now to test them out here is my veg tent under 600W LED (450 TRUE)
    I am on week 5 from seed. These have been topped and bent and broken repeatedly. Literally just followed the instructions on the bottle, upped it until I got my first sign of burn on the newest tips - scaled back. I feed em at about 900PPM 1.8EC 20170330_204609.jpg 20170330_204625.jpg unnamed.png

18. Sweet thanks man I'm still waiting on my mars pro 320 we'll I have to send it back cause when I got it was broken!

Forgive me for being so stupid but when you say you watered them at 900ppm 1.8ec what does that even mean bro? Cheers

19. Without getting into too much detail and going on a long ass explanation, it's nutrient strength. 2 Things you should have when mixing nutrients are a PH Meter and a TDS meter. PH we will leave for another time if you don't have a rough understanding of that.

Generally speaking in veg a safe PPM to have in your nutrient solution is about 500 ppm for small plants - you can play with it and will play with it as you become more experienced - some strains are fragile and they may show nutrient burn at 500ppm - back it down next feed to 400ppm and so on. Some strains a pigs and will eat 900ppm in veg. All depends on the strain so heres and example of how TDS plays a role.

Plants for this example are 2 weeks old. (older they get the more nutes they can take)

Using 1 gallon of Reverse osmosis water you put 3ML of your nutrient solution into your water as per the label. You dip your tds meter in and it reads 600ppm. Comfortable zone you should be Fine feeding your plants with it as long as the PH of your feed is good.

OR

Using 1 gallon of tap water you put the same 3 ml of your nutrient solution into the water and you dip in your TDS meter. It reads 900ppm. That's a little strong for your 2 week old plants, you feed it anyway and they get nutrient burn on the leaves. Thats because your water already had 300 PPM of nutrients dissolved in it from nature and your nutrient company doesn't know what you have in your water so they base their feed off Reverse osmosis water or something with a lower ppm.

If you don't have a TDS meter how will you ever know this? Plus if you feed and down the road and want to try a stronger mix you can monitor your PPM and figure out what your strain is capable of handling.

Also EC Electrical Conductivity in a solution or soil - it's how a TDS meter gets its ppm reading. True TDS meters are super expensive so these EC meters take the number they get and multiply it by 500 , 600 or 700 (Most are 500) to get a fairly accurate PPM. Its a formula we wont get into. So for my meter If I have a ppm of 900 I divide by 500 and get (1.8 EC)

Thats the best I can do at 12:45 AM hope it helps a bit ! lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks heaps man that's an awesome explanation !! Legend

• Like Like x 1