Nutrients-to-water ratio

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by dave_jam, Apr 14, 2017.

1. this is probably a stupid ass question but I need to know to better understand how to feed my plants...

Ok let's say my nutrient solution calls for 1ml per liter.

Does it matter if I water my plant with a liter of water or 2 liters of water? Or 3 liters?

What I don't understand is, if 1 pint isn't enough to fully soak the soil/get runoff, should I still use only 1ml for 2 liters or do the "1ml per liter" and give it 2ml for 2 liters of water?

I'm growing Autos answer I have a tendency to burn plants.

Whether I give my plant 1 liter of 1ml nutes or 2 liters of 2ml nutes, is this giving my plant the same amount or would 2liters/2ml be giving more nutrients than using just 1liter/1ml?

I'm so sorry if this is complicated or if it doesn't make sense lol. I just can't put it into words any better than that.

Nutrients usually have instructions on the nutrient to water ratio, but it doesn't say what to do if you need to use more water.

Thanks so much in advance. I believe that knowing this would help me be a lot better of a grower, or atleast a not-as-bad grower =)

2. You'll be fine with 2ml per 2 liters it's the exact same as 1ml per 1 liter

hillbillys medical adventure https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1449778/

3. #3 MickFoster, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    It's the ratio - 1ml per 1 liter. 100ml per 100 liters.

4. With autos it's best to just feed them RO or distilled water with seaweed extract and cal mag till you start seeing paling of leaves. At this point introduce 1/4 strength nutes and step it up slowly to see if she can Handle it. If she gets leaf tip burn then back off on strength. Autos are very sensitive plants and require a more calculated approach than photo period plants. Their roots are prone to lock out and stunting with overfeeding and wild pH fluctuations. But a pH meter and a tds meter to help you and read we forums on feeding schedule for autos. Lots of info out there.

Hope this helped

Sent from my Vodafone 985N using Tapatalk

5. Weed forums*

Sent from my Vodafone 985N using Tapatalk

6. Thanks so much man, that's some good info. Yeah I learned all about the whole "ph fluctuation & stunting autoflowers" lol. My first Auto(2nd plant overall) is so little and it's compact to the point that no light at all can reach underneath or even on the sides of the buds. I must say, I'm surprised how damn good the buds are looking and it's already very strong smoking it.

If you don't mind me asking, id like to get input on sonething.
    IMG_5749.JPG
    This is a Krippleberry Auto and I'll start off by saying that my experience with this plant is polar opposite than that of my first auto(white widow auto). It has given me 0 problems and has grown a lot quicker. My question is:

**Is the light colored new growth normal? -and if not, should I up the nitrogen or something?

• Like Like x 1