Nutrients Recipes 2012 for Hydroponics

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by zeroshawdow, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Lucas founded a 2 part formula (micro/bloom). There are a bunch of different companies which make the 2-part nutrients which you use together. I use it and I love it. It's just so easy and its not like im sacrificing much to yield (actually saving a lot of money). But worst case scenario, the only down side to the lucas formula is the occasional calcium deficiency. But it all really depends on the strain and its requirements.

Lighting also effects what ratio to of nute mix to use. This is what tricked me at first. I use a 250watt CFL and apparently I am supposed to use a 4/8ml-veg and a 6-13ml-flower instead of the 5-10/8-16.

Hope this makes sense!

2. [quote name='"Refer Happiness"']Lucas founded a 2 part formula (micro/bloom). There are a bunch of different companies which make the 2-part nutrients which you use together. I use it and I love it. It's just so easy and its not like im sacrificing much to yield (actually saving a lot of money). But worst case scenario, the only down side to the lucas formula is the occasional calcium deficiency. But it all really depends on the strain and its requirements.

Lighting also effects what ratio to of nute mix to use. This is what tricked me at first. I use a 250watt CFL and apparently I am supposed to use a 4/8ml-veg and a 6-13ml-flower instead of the 5-10/8-16.

Hope this makes sense![/quote]

Thanks, my friend. All of you, got me interested now in Lucas. I did my research last nite and now I have abetter understanding. From the money saving point of view makes sense. I'm into a point of my life that I want to keep my garden simple when it comes to nutrients.

I'm using right a 600 Watts, what would be my rates for Lucas with that light ?

Thanks

3. [quote name='"bongboi"']lucas is 8 micro 16 bloom[/quote]

Or 8ml FloraNova Bloom, or 1tsp/gallon (I think) of MaxiBloom. Read the first thousand posts in the link on my signature, for a better understanding of it.

4. [quote name='"Stoneth"']

For larger, denser, and more resin packed yields of course. But I agree with lucas, one should first get a firm understanding of growing, and have their environment in check.[/quote]

The whole point of Lucas' formula is to provide all the nutrients our plants need (at the root zone) which means as long as you follow his recommendation, any issues you have will be environmental.

None of the nutrient additives contain anything which aren't included in the base nutrients recommended by Lucas. Well they may include other stuff, none of which makes a difference to the plants.

5. [quote name='"zeroshawdow"']

Thanks, my friend. All of you, got me interested now in Lucas. I did my research last nite and now I have abetter understanding. From the money saving point of view makes sense. I'm into a point of my life that I want to keep my garden simple when it comes to nutrients.

I'm using right a 600 Watts, what would be my rates for Lucas with that light ?

Thanks[/quote]

Any HID/LED light, you'll use the 8-16 formula, or 8ml of FloraNova Bloom. (or about 1300PPM @ .7 conversion)

Any fluorescent tubes/CFL lights, you'd use the alternate 5-10, or about 5ml of FloraNova Bloom. (or about 7-800PPM @ .7 conversion)

Use this through veg, and bloom! Simple, eh?

6. [quote name='"Original Past"']

Any HID/LED light, you'll use the 8-16 formula, or 8ml of FloraNova Bloom. (or about 1300PPM @ .7 conversion)

Any fluorescent tubes/CFL lights, you'd use the alternate 5-10, or about 5ml of FloraNova Bloom. (or about 7-800PPM @ .7 conversion)

Use this through veg, and bloom! Simple, eh?[/quote]

Thank you a lot. I read more last nite and I'm sold. As soon as I finish this current round of nUtrient, I will buy Gh Micro 7 Bloom,that's it right ?

7. Yep 2 bottles is all :D

8. I cannot vouch for this yet. But why this info is not in a Billboard in all United States ! lol lmao

This sound super cost effective and simple. Is like mixing nutrients for dummies ! lol

9. hahahaha "nutrients for dummies" Lucas needs to publish it.

10. I found this in the Net. I would like to share it.

Here are my personal Lucas Formula notes that I took while the Lucas Formula thread.

"General Hydroponics makes a 3-part system named the FLORA series. It consists of FLORA GRO, FLORA MICRO, and FLORA BLOOM. These are 3 bottles you buy, that you would normally use together throughout the entire grow. You may use it as per the instructions on the bottle, with excellent results, but...

Lucas figured out that FLORA MICRO contains enough nitrogen, and everything else that MICRO GRO contains, that you use it with FLORA BLOOM alone, saving you from having to buy FLORA GRO.

How do you use it? Simple. Add 8ml of Flora Micro (dark red stuff) to 1 gallon of water*, mix, and then add 16ml of Flora Bloom (pink stuff) into the water, and mix. Done - unless you're growing in coco. If so, see below.'"

Basically 8ml Micro / 16ml Bloom.
    This is the starting point. For higher PPM Plants its 1 part micro / 2 parts Bloom.

Notes I've taken doing research for this Formula.

Contains perfect NPK ratio for cannabis 100-100-200

NO Additives needed!!!!

No Flushing required

This can be done with any type of growing. Hydro (All Types) Soilless (All Types) Soil

Add back Method / Top off method so you never have to drain a res during a grow again.

Measure the PPM / PH every 24 hours.
    -Measure PPM / PH before top-off
    -If PPM / PH don't change you are DIALED in (at the current stage) do a 100% Add Back of nutes per Gallon
    -If PPM Drops / PH Rises plant is eating more than drinking needs more food
    -If PPM Rises / PH Drops plant is drinking more than eating needs less food
    -Top Off Res with PH'd RO water ONLY
    -Measure PPM / PH after Water only top off
    -Addback Formula Super's add back Calculator
    -Take 1 gallon of water out of res
    -Add back nutrients needed

Addback Formula - ((target - current) / target) * 8 ml per gallon * res gallons = Flora Micro (ml) double this figure to get Flora Bloom (ml)

Example: I started out at 1000ppm I top off res and PPM is 800.
    ((1000-800) / 1000) *8 *25 Gallon Res

I would need to add 40ml Micro 80ml of Bloom to reach my Target PPM.

Here is a very very well put togather Add back Calculator.
    Super's add back Calculator

Good Resources
    Ask Lucas! <- This is a must read
    http://lucasformula.com/
    lucas formula 2.0 how-maximize lucas formula

I hope this helps!

-Ptone

11. I've read this awhile back and I am glad to have touched up on it. Thanks for reposting that information.

12. Take this with a grain of salt compadre, But ive heard shit floating around that Super Thrive can get in the way of flowering.. Something with the hormones in the ST.. Ive completely ommited it form my Flowering soup. Dont give it to my auto flowers either.. now in the Veg soup and veggin plants only in my rooms.

13. AN Jungle Juice has the Lucas formula on the bottle and is cheap. Been using the bottle recommendation for my last cycle, at least the ratios, seems as good as GH floranova so far.

14. #54 DrUgh, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
    I'm using the GH maxi series (frankly I prefer solids, why pay for water when I buy nutes?)

veg
    1-2 tbs per gallon GH maxi grow (just like it says on the bag)
    and 1 tbs per gallon liquid karma
    pH = 5.8

flower
    1.5 -2.5 tbs per gallon GH maxi bloom
    1-3 tbs per gallon liquid kool bloom
    1-2 tbs per gallon liquid karma
    pH = 5.8

pH > 6.4 or EC>3000 ppm I change solutions, in early veg it is more EC=~2000. I start them light and easy at each stage and then ramp them up in concentration. I change the solutions every 7-15 days depending on plant load / volume. During flip, I blend the nutes round before and after the flip date, before I lean on the veg blend, after I lean more on the flower blend. I'm on the upper end of the flower recipe right now in week ~5 flower, no sign of nute burn yet, thinking about adding a lil bit of sorghum solution and maybe upping the maxi bloom another 1/2 tbs per gallon.

15. I Agree, his nutes are on low side !!!!! u may b starving ur plants...:(

Advanced Nutes: (recommended from their website calculator)
    4gal reservoir

*2 weeks flowering:
    Sensi A= 60ml
    Sensi B=60ml
    VooDoo=30ml
    BigBud=15ml
    KushieKush=15ml
    BudCandy-30ml

100% FULL STRENTH, NO PROBLEMS !!!!! unlike what most recommend 1/4 Strenth...LOL

16. I do not know how you guys prepare this recipes and does it work and if work then how much success do you get i am curious to know the statistics.