nutrients from the start?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JRH89, Jan 15, 2015.

1. I was wondering once the germinated seed goes into the pot should you add the nutrients too the water when using canna coco and canna a+b

2. Very light to start

3. I usually give it about 3 weeks, but that's in soil and idk what medium you are using. If you want to start them on something I would suggest just a nutrient for roots. Idk of a good synthetic one, but I use root juice for the first couple weeks and get some damn healthy roots with it.

My current grow journal
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1345378-2nd-grow-auto-gdp.html

4. Coco....people start feeds right off the bat and a new thing i have heard people starting to do it called charging the medium....basically they soak the coco in nute water then start nutes very light or just water....this gives the plant what it needs for the roots to search the pot....but you a correct. ..no nutes in dirt for a bit.

5. ok so i feel like the general reply is nutes from the start but just a small quantity, i don't know like a 1/4 the dosage or what?

6. in the first days, the new roots are very susceptible to root burn due to excessive artificial fertilizers
    that's why most growers using them go very easy at first

a lot of us start off with an organic soil mix, so at first, nothing but water is needed

7. The answer is not that simple. Your plant will need nutrients according to light, strain, humidity, temperature. If the leaves are light green in color then it needs nitrogen, if there dark green it has to much(That is given your ph is right on the money).

Its a crucial time for a plants roots to "look" for nutrients.

8. Ok so it sounds like lightly water them without nutes to avoid water and to help the roots search. However i have noticed thatvi cant correctly pH the water without nutes being added. So what would people recommend maybies go in with a 1/4 of the recomended amount?

9. You're doing coco coir and cant ph simple water? What if you get nute lock and have to flush? You better start simple or you will set yourself up for failure.

10. You can Ph the water with Ph Up or Down, and they are pretty cheap. Some people use other natural methods but keep it simple for now

If nature is illegal, freedom does not exist.

11. i have put the seed into the pot, i have then made up water added the stated amounts of canna a+b. I have then pH'd the water to 6.8 using pH up and down. I then lightly added feed to the pot, what do you think the chances of the seed popping?

12. Stop all of that....until you see a magical little sprout........waterrrrrrrrrrrrr

13. the seed already has everything it needs in it's little shell. It will sprout in pure perlite given the proper moisture and heat. After it sprouts it gets a little iffy. Too much can burn the roots. I go both ways on this one. But currently, I start with a well balanced soil mix which requires no fertilizer until the flip. By then the plant can survive any mistake I make.

14. ok so i understand i have made the mistake of adding nutrients to its 1st water. I can only now hope they survive

15. I plant my seeds in Jiffy seed starting mix. It's just fine vermiculite and if I am not mistaken has some fertilizer in it. I don't know, I get 100% germination. So don't worry, fertilizer will not kill a seed. But a viable seed will certainly sprout with out any fertilizer.

16. I grow in pure coco and give literally no nutes until the first set of leaves fall off. Or new growth begins to yellow. Plain pH 6.0 water is all I give em till then. Sometimes I'll charge the coco with ¼ strength calmag because coco is a calmag hog