nutrients/fertilizers to use during flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SendThePainBelo, Nov 14, 2012.

1. What up yall!

I currently have 4 beautiful white widow sisters. They are 9 weeks old and the shortest is 32" and the tallest is 36". I just switched from a metal halide (which was used weeks 4-9) scheduled 18on/6off to a high pressure sodium with 12on/12off to start the flower stage. I created a nice blend of high quality soil but haven't used any nutrients/fertilizers thus far, which brings me to my question. Being that I just switched to flower no more than 3 days ago, what nutrients/fertilizers would you recommend me using? I have heard from a few people that white widow is a sensitive plant and any additives should be used with caution, is this true in your experience?

Thanks! Any input is appreciated.

2. Last year I grew some white widows along side 3 other strains (hydroponically) and they were definitely more sensitive to higher nutrient levels than the others. They didn't like the high PPM levels that the others were thriving on during bud stage.

3. Before anyone else has a chance to lead you astray...

Go organic dude. You are in the soil. All the nutrients you need are already there.

What you want to do is encourage microbial life in the media. There are a few ways to go about this. Using a Compost Tea, Inoculating the media directly with trichoderma and beneficial bacteria, and providing an occasional boost by supply carbohydrates in the form of molasses.

Go to the Organic forum. Research their Compost Teas and get a bucket and do a brew every few weeks. If you want to spend some money, take a look at Root's Organics Oregonsim XL or maybe a similar product. Always use 1ml of Molasses for every gallon of water, minimum, and up to 15ml/gallon. This will break down harmful chlorine compounds that can impact the microherd.

Let the soil do all the hard work man. Don't fight it, embrace it, and let the plants grow naturally. Thinking you can improve on millions of years of genetics without any knowledge at all is the wrong way to come at this. Watch and learn and get your organic game on.

4. Since you already started is a matter of taste. My recommendation. If you want to go the 'Organic' way. Get some Plant Tone and feed her accordingly. However; if you want to go the 'Chemical' way any 10-10-10, 15-30-15 or 20-20-20 fertilizer will work as good as any other TOP$$$ $helf fertilizers.