nutrient

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by justin10, Mar 31, 2017.

1. anybody heard of vitalink nutrients? if so can you tell me anything? even if its a different nutrient recommendation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. yes use Foxfarm Cha Ching, Soluble Jar Fertilizer, Nutrients, Granular - 6 oz | eBay in flower and use this in veg
    Botanicare CNS17 Grow 32oz Quart - hydroponics coco soil plant nutrient veg | eBay in f lower 2 teaspoons per gallon of this along with other nutrient i suggested .General Hydroponics Calimagic 32oz Quart, 128oz Gallon -Calcium Magnesium Calmag | eBay
    they will grow any plant and it will be very healthy . i suggest using these i am using them currently happy with the results . and low price

• Like Like x 1
  3. dont thank me . you did not get my bill yet

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. As long as it has the normal components that the general nute combo contains, no matter what the label says. And if you use a good quality formulated grow soil, you won't require that much additional nutrition...we use none. The soil alone handles the job. If a plant gets hungry, I just repot into new soil and slightly larger container. Nutes are just plain plant food. The nute makers would have you believe that they are the key to getting a big plant and good weight at harvest. That's just not true. If you have a decent soil to grow in, the soil will feed your plants quite nicely. We use the soil (Roots Organics Original, tap water (I pH it...just always have, and keep it on the high end of the scale (6.7 to 6.8) since it helps with calcium and magnesium intake, and light). Can't do this with auto strains though, just normal photo strains. Word is autos don't like repotting. I've never grown them so I don't know. The key to a fine plant and nice harvest off it is flower lighting. Big wattage of high quality light will get you the most out of any plant. Learn how to tell if a plant is actually hungry and even needs fed before you start giving nutes or you'll stunt, burn and stress your plant for no good reason. Now a hydro grow...whole different story. They live and die by pH and nutes. As far as brand goes, when I did use them, I bought this powder nute combo called "Jack's" that is by J.R. Peters. Much easier to deal with than those man-bottled combo packs that are ridiculously overpriced. This stuff is a powder that dissolves in your water and worked just as good as all the other nutes I burned my plants with. Our soil is very good quality and feeds our plants so well that giving nutes 99% of the time just burned them. Finally got bright and stopped giving them and we have the highest yields we've ever had right now. So bank on your lighting and not on chemicals to get the most out of your plant....IF you are doing a soil grow. Good luck. TWW

5. hey thanks for all the wisdom, i plan to grow in soil and to veg 400-800w of mh to flower 800w of hps as i have 2 400w fixtures.. so with this soil you feed eater from start to end? how many times do you repot too? would love to see a grow journal of yours man

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Nutes are nutes as long as the brand you use contain the combination that the MJ plant needs. If you're looking for something that works well but is terribly cheap, go with "Jack's" by J.R. Peters (check their website). We run quite a few plants a year and I can buy enough of this stuff to last me 2 years for under $20. It's a combo set (veg/bloom) that's powder and dissolves in the water. Before I stopped using nutes, that's what I used. But if you'll invest in a good quality grow soil, you don't need additional nutes as long as you grow photo strains and not autos. Word is autos don't like to be repotted and that's how I handle my hungry plants...repotted into fresh soil and slightly larger container. With a short cycling plant like MJ, you really don't need that much in the way of additional nutes as long as you use a high quality grow soil. They're designed to handle the life span of the plant and to have the correct mix for optimal drainage. We use Roots Organics Original, tap water and light and get the largest yields per plant we've ever had. The secret to weight is flower lighting...lots of wattage for each plant you flower, space to get best light penetration down into the plant, and understanding how to take care of the plant and keep it healthy throughout it's life. If you're new to the process, keep it as simple as possible. Spend the money on the soil that will do the work of feeding for you unless you're just into punishment. But a good understanding of the plant and how it grows naturally, makes a big difference in looking at trying something like a hydro grow where you alone are totally responsible for the needs of that plant. But whichever way you're going, best of luck to you. TWW

7. i have used jacks as well it worked alright . cant get it here in the winter