NUTRIENT transition for DWC flowering, newbie HELP please :)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by MaloMAL, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Thank you ALL
    Im starting my 36 hours of uninterrupted light to begin FLOWERING cycle of 12/12 under a 600 watt HPS light. I'm using a 6x3gallon~2gallon DWC system. I'm using Technaflora Veg recipe AS RECOMMENDED. I'm currently at 840 ppm per plant.

HOW LONG should I keep VEG nutrients until I switch over to FLOWER nutrients ¿
    Should I FLUSH the whole system or just add BLOOM nutrients gradually ¿

Thanks

2. Personally, when I change over to 12/12, I flush the entire system with GH FloraClean for a couple of hours to get the old nutes out of the hydroton. Then refill with my flower nutes, but starting out at a lower PPM - about the same ppm as the veg nutes were. As they drink the nute solution, I replenish it with slightly stronger flower nutes until I get them up to the higher level (1400+). Usually takes a couple of weeks to get them up to it. Monitor the plants to see how they are liking the stronger nutes.

Good luck!

3. Great advice. I like to give my plants 24 hrs of being watered with the flushing solution then I empty and refill with flowering nutrients at around 800-900 ppm. I will also recommend flushing while in flowering. I've seen some flush as often as weekly to as long as once a month or just at harvest. I personally flush every 2-3 weeks. I've tried going a month or longer and the plants start developing nutrient lock out and flower development stops. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I think I may consider flushing on a bi-weekly bases too, until now I never fully understood flushing. I always interpreted it as washing down the roots and medium using temp pH adjusted water. Until nowi never realized I've been doing it the wrong way the whole time lol. All I do is purge my DWC gallon one by one, wash and rinse them, separately make a nutrient mixture, add it on the gallon bucket, hook the stone back on, add the net lid and wait another 2 weeks. So the whole time Ive been doing it incorrectly and it makes sense why my plants leaves take forever to fully develop. Also, the ph get real dark green after awhile once they're big. Man, how do I properly flush, using what doing what, thanks ?

5. I use FloraKleen which I a product that helps remove the salt build up. I'm so glad that my explanation taught you why flushing is important and why to give the plant time to flush. Your plant will end up finishing faster if you have experienced lock out in the past.

6. Great, I have advanced nutrients Final Phase. Will i be needing to flush if using general organic Go BOX, i read that organic nutrients done require flushing, I ask this as my next Grow contains the organic nutrients, thanks....

7. With the organic you will get algae growth and your pumps and lines can get growth in them. Organic generally do not need flushing. Very few us them in hydro due to the issues they can cause.