Nutrient solution questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Temporarilycoldturkey, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Hi folks,
    I am growing coco indoors and right now I got a couple plants in the beginning stages and a few more germinating (hopefully). My first question is: can I premix my nutrients? Like can I make a gallon and store it to use over a couple days cuz I have mine in solo cups and don't really enjoy doing all the math for the h3ad formula for smaller quantities.

My second question is: how important is the order of ingredients? I have the Micro and the Bloom plus Silica, CamMag, HydroGuard, Humbolt Secret Plant Enzymes, and some rooting compound.

I know that I am supposed to add the Micro before the Bloom but I just read that Silica should be added before anything else... Should I add it before the Micro? And is there anything else I should be aware of with these ingredients?

2. Id go silica calmag micro bloom. You can pre mix.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Yes you can pre mix nutrients,
    but you should have a bucket with an airstone/airpump and dark droom to store it in/keep it fresh.

as mentioned the correct order for floraseries is.

1. ArmorSI(Silica)
    2. CalMag
    3. Micro
    4. Gro
    5. Bloom

https://gh.growgh.com/docs/Feedcharts/GH_FloraSeries-DTW_03216am.pdf

the left side of the feed chart has those extra details.

4. I'm using the FLORAGROW series from GENERAL HYDRO. The order is:
    1. Calmag
    2. FloraMicro
    3. FloraGrow
    4. FloraBloom
    5. PH you water
    Easy Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora Trio Guide | Grow Weed Easy is a good guide from the website I reference in my grows. I don't use all that extra stuff tho, like the silica, etc. They aren't really essential at all, they just add benefits.

5. Cool I got airstones and a bucket to put it in. I'm assuming "dark droom" is a mispell for dark room or is it something I don't know about?

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 10-4 on the typo.

dark room*

if your going to keep the nutrient for a couple days leave it bubbling in a dark place.

(light will produce algae growth)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rather than going through all that trouble, mix up a new batch everytime it comes to water, or at least every other nute feeding, rinse with phd/calmag water, that way it gets rid of excess salts and can allow your medium to absorb different PH's of water which is good when you want your roots to uptake a wide spectrum of nutes. (PH has a lot to do with how your roots absorb nutes).

• Like Like x 1
  8. "What do you mean everytime it comes to water?" I should be rinse with just CalMag water every other feeding right? So wouldn't that be like making a new batch everytime I feed nutes? Cuz that's what I am trying to avoid, atleast while they're small.

• Like Like x 1
  9. My apologies, I have brain damage so it's hard saying exactly what I mean without it getting all jumbled up. Yes, that's what I meant. Just rinse with calmag/ph'd water every other feeding. You shouldn't be even watering that much if they are small. If they are small, wait until you can stick your finger in the medium and it is dry at least 1/2 inch down to water. Yes making a new batch is exactly what you'll be doing. But storing your nutes/etc you can run into problems, and especially if you don't dose the nutes correctly too. I can only speak from my experience, and I used the same shit as you too. Do what ya want, but varying the PH levels is your best bet for healthy roots.

10. Do you use that Enzyme stuff? I got Humbolt's Secret plant enzyme. It is suppose to clean up roots and what not to help with nutrient absorption. I was thinking that would be beneficial when rinse with just CalMag. Nay?

• Like Like x 1
  11. I personally don't use anything except for what I listed in my steps but it should be fine to use man, you can include that with your PH'd/Calmag water. The goal when flushing is to flush out the salts leftover from the last feeding, that way they don't accumulate in the medium. That's why they say flush it to such and such ppm when you water, I don't do the whole ppm thing, just water till 25% runoff comes out the container.

• Agree Agree x 1