Nutrient Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr.EyezLayLow, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Can You Grow A Plant With Out Any Nutrients??? My Friend claims you can, so i want to know what results you would get with a non-nutrient plant

2. No, a plant would not survive long in a sterile environment that completely lacks nutrients.

Yes, plants can do quite well without additional nutes, as long as the soil has enough nutrients and amendments in it before planting.

3. you dont need any nutes! A plant can live without nutes nutes just help the plant be healthier. Kinda like a human going to the Gym

4. thanks for the info cause i wasn't sure myself

5. Nutes are food for the plant. Like humans, plants can live with small amounts of food, or short periods without food, but neither will live long in total absence of food.

6. well im depending on my soil cause my budget is low right now

7. I guess I mis-understood the original question. I thought you were asking if plants need ANY nutrients to survive vs EXTRA nutrients.

If you start with high quality soil (Fox Farms, Mendo Mix, etc) you might get by without adding nutes. But your yields will be relatively low.

I certainly understand living on a budget, but with the value of the final product being so high doesn't it make sense to spend a few bucks on good soil and some simple nutes? You can definitely over-do things, but generally a little bit of extra $$$ invested pays off in much higher yields.

8. The nutrients that are allready present in the soil will only last aroung 3-4 weeks after that time the plant will be lacking in nutrients. If you cannot get any nutrients you can allways go to the garden centre and get some tomato food to feed them and your budjet should be able to stretch to that. All the best there:smoke: