Nutrient question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kraftsingles00, Feb 19, 2018.

1. hi everyone

I currently have GH Trio, I’m not that impressed with it and I was curious when I’m finished with these bottles can I switch nutrients mid flower? Or does it need to be GH trio the whole grow? I’m week 2 of flower now and the plants look great, just a better option has come as far as nutrients

Thanks for the info

2. I use only GH 3 part, love it.
    But I'd say change the water and nutes, should be fine

3. when it comes to flower nutrients its not the flower nutrients u have to worry about, its the nutes u were using in veg. if u have a lot of build up of veg nutes when u flip to flower, it can just focus most of its energy on making really dark leaves and not focusing on the buds. so anything u switch to is fine. You just may be unhappy because they just need to be flushed out all their old junk. N-P-K at flower should be about 2-5-2, use your math to try to match around that middle number and try to keep your N-k lower. Im only assuming this cuz the gen hydro 3 part system has flora micro which will load ur plants with nitrates(way more than needed). I would try flushing it. Get something to raise ur pot (ex a milk crate) put ur drip pan underneath it get a proper ph gallon of water and purposely flood it so it consistently draining throughout the bottom till it stops dripping a bunch. Once should do u just fine, if u have a flushing agent id use that as well although not 100% needed. after the flush water with 1ml a gallon of 2-5-2 or as close as u can get give or take is ok, and dont use more nutrients unless your plants look unhealthy which in 99% of chances it wont need any more if ur using earthworm casting and compost. blood meal powder can help throughout your whole flower stage too and could probably give u amazing results with 100% plain water(use less nutes if u have blood or bone meal in ur soil, u can even use none and get probably the same results). Nutrient companies try to make it sound like u need all this stuff to have big plants but its not the case. the 3 part is fine just from now on use .5 ml florabloom 0-5-4, and floragro 2-1-6 at .5ml(1ml total) to get the p-n-k even im pretty sure this is why its designed likje that, ive used it the same way to dial in on ur nute level. Hope this helps.