Nutrient issues?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by GroovyGas, Feb 14, 2019.

1. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Little confused on why my plants starting to get yellow leafs and minor tip burn... the feeding schedules the same and so is the lighting/temperature’s. I’ve never ran into this issue before.

2. Its normal for some lower shaded leaves to die. can you post a pic of the whole plant with the container its in?

• Like Like x 1
  3. i'd make a serious bet that if synthetic growers added an appropriate ratio of humic substances to their soilless mixture, maybe a little lime, and used synthetics that were in the majority of cation (+) formula then they would have a spectacular worry free grow. actually i think that one simple addition of humic variety would end "ph issues" for synthetic cation based nutrients. throw in 1/4 - 1/2 dose recommended label directions for fertilization and i think they're there.

if i had all the bottles i'd surely give a bag of ewc, composted pine bark, and if available a good quality compost a try. soil chemistry is soil chemistry. it's actually most relevant and easier to control with "fertilizer" based grows in peat based soilless mixes than it is to organic style growing.

just saying...it's inexpensive insurance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0071.JPG
    Looks a lot worse in person.

5. IMO your plant is way too big for the size pot its in. If you dont want to transplant it (might not even help at this point) you will need to start supplementing with teas (kelp, neem) and botanicals. I would even do a worm castings slurry and apply as a top dress.

You can check my notes compilation for recipes:

All Organic Recipes and Notes Compilation

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I’ve never really had an issue with plants getting root bound. My dad purposely root bounds them so they can be fed more. I’ll transfer to a 5 gallon pot instead of the 3.

7. Its not so much that the roots are bound its the fact that 3 gallons of soil cannot provide enough nutrients to a plant this size without supplementing with water soluble nutrients.

8. Some people can grow in 3 gallons I've never tried it I was raised around the font of bigger the better I grow in 7 gallon fabric pots inside and a minimum of 15 outside. Fabric pots are a huge improvement from plastic twice the feedings twice the plants

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1