Nutrient help using general organics grow box

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Surf45, May 9, 2017.

1. hey all! I have a few young gorilla glue plants growing indoors inside a tent with led light. I have no clue on how much of each nutrient that came with this pack to use because I've been warned that he dosage chart they provide is way too much and kills the plants. If anyone can help me out that'd be awesome thanks

2. How old? What kinda soil?

3. good rule of thumb's start at 1/8 to a 1/4 of the dose they say and work up from there

4. Assuming you're going with soil here....you don't say above, but put the nutes back down at this point. A decent quality soil contains more than enough nutrition to support your plants for several weeks. The larger the container of soil you start them out in, the longer the soil will support the plant. But you generally wait until your plant is actually beginning to get hungry before feeding one. Otherwise, you risk burning it with the nutes. The plant will also tell you when it does get hungry by changing color. The nice rich blue/green will fade to a more yellowish green color when it starts to get a bit hungry. If you're growing an auto, you'll have to pick up the feeding for it then. But if you're growing normal photo strains, just repot into a larger container and fresh soil which will again support your plants nutritionally for several more weeks. We don't use any extra nutes at all....soil, water and light. The key to getting a decent yield is always whether or not you have enough light to adequately cover the plants you attempt to flower. Flowering too many with inadequate light just gets you a bunch of underdeveloped buds. Each plant needs strong wattage of good quality flower lighting and space to spread and grow so light can penetrate the canopy of the plant and reach the inner buds that would otherwise not get any light. If you give them good space and strong enough flower lighting, you'll get good dense buds all the way down to the stalk. But no young plant is going to need nutes for awhile. It first has to develop a root system and then spend time maturing and actually using the nutrients in the soil. Normally, when it's time for a repot (or a plant begins to get root bound), it's time for feeding....thus, the repot. There are all kinds of ways to do it and lots of people really like their chemicals and do well with them. I just kept burning my plants, so I decided to let the soil do what it was designed to do and support my plants. Keep it simple and you'll be fine. TWW