Nutrient Feeding Schedule (Fox Farms)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HandleYours, Mar 28, 2015.

1. I have Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom.

Anyone willing to share their feeding schedule with me wither through message, or by replying here would be greatly appreciated!

1) For those of you who grow auto flowers what is your feeding schedule?

2) For those of you who grow photoperiod what is your feeding schedule?

I looked around online last night couldn't find much. I did find some forum posts that were back from 2007 for auto flowers but I am sure they have been improved upon and such. So basically if you're willing to share your feeding schedule please do so! Please tell us which type of cannabis you're growing though, auto flowers, or photoperiod.

Thanks in advanced!

2. Anyone? Lol

3. Are you growing in soil? I do hydro and follow a chart for dosages and ppm. I use flora duo (general hydroponics) and the additional recommended nutes. I check the ppm and feed or give water as appropriate. Every week I change out the res (they are individual 2 1/2 gallon reservoirs) once a week with new nutes.

4. Yeah, I am using soil.

5. #5 killset, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    I used to grow with fox farms. Mainly photos, but grew a few free autos also. Just follow the schedule they have on their website but start with 1/4 dose and work your way up. Extend out the veg schedule for however long, same with the flower schedule. Give nutes every 3rd watering, every other if its a heavy feeder. PH solution after adding nutes.

6. Alright thanks for the info. That's kind of what I been reading but I just needed to be sure.

7. less is more. Its easy to just add more nutes next time, harder to deal with an over dose. I used fox farms ocean forest soil also, which had enough in it to make it awhile without adding any nutes at all. So whenever its time for your plant, just start with a 1/4 dose of that week on the schedule.

8. Well its in flowering now, or pre flower... Not really sure. I had miracle grow organic soil which is suppose to feed for 2 months. I just picked up some nutes the other day... To finish this grow and other grows. I'm growing an auto so don't really need anything but bloom nutes from what I have read.

9. #9 killset, Mar 29, 2015
    You would be better off with another soil. I've read to many people having issues with miracle grows soils. I have no experience with it, nor do I plan too. You would be better off talking to someone who has successfully grown with miracle grow, there's a few out there. You may not need nutes with that for awhile. It may say 2 months but that's based on household plants needs not cannabis. Talk with someone who has used it though.

10. I've had no problems with this soil besides fungus gnats but I put some sand on top and so far it has seemed to solve the problem. I know the version with chemical nutrients is probably where the problem is. Fox farms soil where I live is about 20$ for 32qt bag! I MG was $4.50. It sunk some in the bucket due to watering but that is my error I think because I left like a inch or two of the bucket with no soil, and so it sunk even more which I did not account for.

Seems to be working well for me. The plant is 27 days old Biodiesel Mass Auto. This is only my first grow though so I can't say what could've been with FF soil. What do you think?

Attached Files:

11. #11 killset, Mar 29, 2015
    I'm not saying you can't grow with it. I'm saying when it comes to adding nutes you need to talk with someone who has had a successful grow with it. Most every grow I see on here gets burned as soon as they add anything to miracle grow. So I don't want to be telling you what nutrient schedule works for that soil. Its better to talk to someone who has experience with slow release miracle grow soils.

12. Ah okay, I understand. Every soil is different and your plant will react different to nutrients in different soils. I didn't think of that. :p

13. #13 killset, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Not so much that every soil is different, just that miracle grow is really different with the slow release stuff. Soils that are mainly recommended for cannabis do not have that in it and I have no personal experience with it, there for I don't want to give you the wrong information. With slow release you don't have the control that other soils provide, so adding nutes may be different. I don't know nor do I wish to find out. I don't like when people comment on things they don't have experience with and I don't have experience growing with slow release. So I may lead you in the wrong direction. That's why I'm saying talk with someone who has successfully used miracle grow a few times. Any other soil without slow release in it I would feed as I stated above.....good luck man