Nutrient deficiency or overwatering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by vlamned, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Hi,

First time grow
    Small indoor SCROG grow.
    5 gallon fabric pots with soil
    600 watts HPS 40 cm above canopy
    5 weeks of growth
    until now I haven't added fertilizers to water
    Watering technique was using finger to first knuckle. If bone dry, I watered fully with unfertilized water.

Last week or so, noticed plant has been growing slower. Leaves are paler, with new leaves also showing some slight yellowing. Had a few older leaves which or solidly yellow two weeks ago, which I thought was light not reaching them, so I trimmed them.

This is what I've done to try and correct the situation
    * 5 days ago , run-off was ph 7.2 , so corrected water tank to ph5.8 and drenched to pots with it. Run-off is closer to ph 6.1 now.
    * I've bought some fertilizer and treated tank water 2 days ago. I haven't dared to do a watering, fearing overwatering is my issue
    * I've had blumats delivered and hooked them up, but haven't dared to turn them on, fearing overwatering is my issue.
    * I've ordered blumat tensio meter, to have a better idea of moisture level, but waiting for delivery prob tomorrow.

What should be my course of action? Should I wait a few days until the pot is completely dry or more than half dry and then do a drenching with fertilized water? Can I turn my blumats on slightly now? Will that aggravate an overwatering situation? Or will the drip feed prevent that? Will all those pale leaves basically be lost? Or will they recover?

Thank a bunch.

2. I mean they don't look to bad. Top leafs are generally a lighter color then the bottom. Just let them dry up real good before watering again, maybe add some calmag.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

3. It looks like it's starving to me.

J

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks. It's halfway dry. I'm going to give it another 24 hours and then do a watering with nutes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just had a thought. I'm going to apply foliar spray of water and nutes. This way the leaves can absorb some nutes, while leaving the root zone to dry sufficiently. Google tells me this should work to solve my dilemma.

6. I be super careful spraying npk on the plants even in low concentration. It can build up and burn the leafs. Foliar sprays are best used when lights go out.

My current 6 Jock Horror Autos, coco coir grow. :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1