Nutrient deficiency, need help, out of ideas

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ThunderBudz, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Hey everyone,

I have this deficiency that I just can't seem to fix. I thought it was a phosphorous deficiency at first, so I added a bit more bloom. Didn't work so I now think its a possible cal/mag deficiency. I added a bit extra 2 days ago so we will see.

I would still like some input.

Ph - 5.8-6.1
    GH trio nutes + cal mag
    Ppm - 350
    4th week of veg from seed, been slow because of deficiency and first grow
    5gal dwc
    600w led
    Aurora Indica (nirvana) staying superrrrr short

Any questions please ask, need help, want to start flower in 2 weeks. Topped her 2 days ago and doing a little LST

1466274018457.jpg 1466274023944.jpg 1466274030474.jpg 1466274033808.jpg 1466274037073.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What's your water source and its ppm?

3. RO water. Change res every 7-8 days. Last change was a tsp of each trio and 3 tsp of cal mag, got to about 380 ppm, around 345 today.

4. Not trying to hijack but it looks like we have the same problem. I'm stumped as well

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'd flush it for a day or two in just pHed RO with 3ml calmag per gallon.
    Looks kinda salted up.

6. Much appreciated. Once flushed, should I keep up that same nutrient strength. I have a guide and my next nutrient schedule looks to be 1/2 tsp per gallon of each trio and a tsp per gallon of cal mag. For last 2 weeks of veg

7. I don't recommed following GH guides. Too high of ppm's.
    2 - 3 ml calmag per gallon is all I ever use.
    As for what strength you should go back to, start low like where you were and work it up as you see the plants drinking it up. You want to see ppm's dropping. Not drastic, but slight steady drop. Then you know it's eating. Best to keep em a little hungry instead of trying to pump em full of food.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Aaa yea. Good post. Just gotta keep the ppm level steady with the water drop. I felt as if mine has pretty much done that. Its just those leaves keep getting brown spots and i feel as if it is stunting the growth. Im gonna flush it today and then start nutes back on monday. I topped her 2 days ago so gonna give around 2 weeks to recover and get rdy for flowering. Even with such a small plant, hopefully it yields good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lookin good 4 1st grow. Looks like pH swings judging solely by the markings on the leaves in middle of plant, but it may just be due to a lockout as well. But i would keep the ppms under 300 for a plant that small with a small root mass, just being honest. Its weird, i notice in hydro that young plants often do well in bins that have lower nutrient levels.

10. 5.8 is better to shoot for, but 5.5-6.2 is a good range

11. So, I've been flushing her for two days now, RO water, about 3 gallons with only 2 tsp of cal-mag. I've noticed more brown spots and a slight yellowing of tips of new leaves. I have also noticed a slightly better uptake with a decrease in ppm over the 2 days. Ive also noticed more root growth. Here are some pictures. I'm thinking of adding 1/2 a tsp of each trio from GH to the reservoir and then top it off with RO water to 3.5 gallons. Also the pH has been steady around 5.9-6.1. 1466476841934.jpg 1466476846328.jpg 1466476850794.jpg 1466476854172.jpg 1466476860081.jpg 1466476864316.jpg 1466476872910.jpg 1466476885060.jpg

12. I'd top it up with RO now, then leave it alone for two more days.
    Don't worry about how ugly those old leafs get. You want to see it drinking a bunch of water, and new growth looking kinda light fluorescent green.
    Then, I'd go back with this per gallon RO
    2ml calmag
    2ml micro
    3ml gro
    1ml bloom

I'd recommend getting some Hydroguard too.

13. Ok, sounds good. It seems some of the newer leafs also have a little brown spots, so hopefully it clears up as well. The newest growth does have slight yellowing of tips though...

I also use great white shark, should i still get hydroguard?

14. I didn't really like great white when I tried it...
    Pry don't need both. I'd have to say I prefer Hydroguard.
    Up to you honestly.

15. I gotcha, I already have great white, so just gonna stick with that. Should I add it again with the other nutes in 2 days?

16. The yellow tips may very well be nutrient burn. What's there won't go away. Just gotta keep an eye on the newest of newest growth.