Nutrient Deficiency in Flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Methodminus, May 10, 2013.

1. So I was interpreting the lower leaves yellowing more as my leaf canopy being too think for my 400W bulb to penetrate. I started from seed in late February and switch to flowering around the 3rd of May. I should've stopped vegging earlier probably. The plants were at 24" when I switch to flowering and the tallest is already at 3 feet. I didn't buy nitrogen fertilizer because I thought my dirt would last me because the bag says three months and I repotted with more dirt after the first month or say maybe.

I've been using guano with only phosphorous(0-7-0) for maybe 2 weeks. When I realized I needed some Nitrogen guano I was getting worried it may be too late to use it. So I watered with some diluted urine(with no nute burning) pretty much the day before my guano arrived in the mail and then I used the nitrogen guano(10-1-1) the next watering. I have meter that I feel like doesn't work that well that says my soil still has too little nutrients.

I guess I want to know if I should keep using the nitrogen fertilizer, and for how long. Also, should I mix the nitrogen fertilizer with the phosphorous one or alternate between them? I included a picture, but with the orange light its hard to make things out.

Attached Files:

2. #2 baumeister, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
    take some proper pics with neutral white lighting.
    feeding N during flowering is usually a bad idea, Ive read that it reduces flower production. its still too early in flowering though to have leaves dying off from N def... need pics to make a proper judgement

3. its not that big of a deal , but u are low on nitrogen (N), , next shot of nutrients just make sure there is a a bit of N in the mix and u will be fine .

lots of people these days get nutrients that have almost no N for flowering and thats not good.

it wont kill the buds but it will makes the leaves die at quicker rate .as they r using up all the energy from the leafs since it cant get any from the soil/roots . at the minimum level 2-N.

but overall good looking grow. uve been on the right track just stay with it and dont over think it :D

4. As requested here are some pictures in normal lighting. The one is the one I was describing as having the worst problems and then the other is more normal. They both look kinda bad cause I was just about to water them so they're all droopy and shit. Do you think the one with the redder stems needs some Epsom salts?

Attached Files:

5. it looks like uve done a pretty descent job with growing so far I'd suggest do like I posted above and u will be fine .

6. looks like you can feed more, but I think a bigger problem is the tall stature of those plants, unless you got your lighting on the sides now. I wouldnt let indoor plants get that tall, its basically wasting veg time.

7. Quoted for TRUTH, I'm on my first grow indoors as well my tallest plant was 23 inches at the flip (unsexed seeds and had a hard time determining sex) anyhow I cannot get my light any higher in my tent now and the 23 incher is 4 inches taller then the bottom of the light they are 24 days into flower and at this point I've been hanging my wrench sockets from the tops trying to ease them down and back under the light.

Good Luck and Good Growing :smoke:

8. tie down the tallest branches and lower the lights accordingly

9. Yea. I did lose track of when I meant to flip the lights. I guess I kinda figured the longer I wait the bigger the buds in the end.

I do have two side lights though. They're just CFLs but one is one of those large 105W (not equivalent) bulbs, the other is more like a 42W or something...