Nutrient Deficiancy?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mf1arch, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Not too sure whats going on here? A DWC with advanced nutrients, and a top feed. Using cfl's and plenty of air movement.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      261.1 KB
      Views:
  2. What is the PH of your water? should be about 5.8 or else you will start getting some lockout.

3. I have been working on the ph. Im getting used to checking vey often. I dont have a digital meter, so I get as close as I can with the color strip. I am also fighting spider mites. I have done 3 liquid lady bug treatments, and released aprox. 200 ladybugs a few days ago. I hear they take about a week to colonize, so we'll see. But you think lockout is my issue? I think it looks like a nitrogen defficiancy. Would it help to mist the plants with my nutrient solution for the next few days? Would it help with uptakee?

4. So, I had been using tap water and today I did a water change and am now using R/O water. I added 36ml. of Sensi Grow(a), 36 ml. of Sensi Grow(b), and 24 ml. of Voodoo Juice. Per Advanced Nutrients, I apply the B52 as a foliar spray at 2ml. per L. Im hoping this will help. Here is what they looked like this morning before the water change. Any thoughts regarding the steps I am taking to get these girls healthy?

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      280.5 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      279.2 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      218.3 KB
      Views:
    • 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      252.5 KB
      Views:
  5. dont over do it, you should gradually add nutes, start at 1/4 dose the recommended, then work your way to full strength

6. #7 mf1arch, Feb 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2011
    Thank you magestik63. I am at half the rccomended nutrient level beginning week 2 of my veg cycle. I do not have a digital ph meter, and am wondeing if I might be a little off.

7. Ya get a meter..i just bought one last week and dont know how i made it so long without one....found out my mother was about 2000ppm:eek:...lol....meter earned its keep right off the bat

8. I have a TDS meter. We were talking about digital PH meters. Thanks though.

9. I would immediatly launch a chemical attack...........Hot shot no pest strips and neem oil...spider mites will cause irrepairable damage and/or kill your plants.
    peace B

10. I have done 3 liquid ladybug treatments and released aprox. 300 ladybugs 4-5 days ago.

11. Have fun cleaning the dead out of the lights..............I never had good results with the ladys or the predator mites. good luck
    peace B

12. I am using CFL'S and the are not dying in the lights so that's good. If they don't work out, I'll do more liquid ladybug. Stupid mites!!!!

13. Whats up with those Hot Shot strips? Are they toxic? Will they kill the eggs?